Chapter 214 - Black Hell

After felling two more Scaled Frogs, Nie Yan detected the peculiar presence yet again. He could clearly sense that someone was trying to approach him. However, when he turned around to look, the forest was tranquil without any signs of activity.

Just as Nie Yan walked over to another Scaled Frog, he felt the violent resonance of magic being cast behind him. In the blink of an eye, a dark power descended on him.

Enfeeble! Grief!

Curses that took effect instantaneously were especially frightening. If caught without a corresponding potion or a Priest or Paladin who could cast Dispel, you would be left in an extremely precarious situation.

Nie Yan's heart clenched in alarm. It wasn't a Thief that was after him but rather a Priest! A name immediately popped into his mind-Black Hell!

He's probably using an Invisibility Potion!

Nie Yan took a quick glance at his character information. His stats were reduced by 60%! What powerful curses! Ordinary curses that could reduce a target's stats by 20% were already quite dreadful, but these two curses had directly cut down his stats by almost two thirds!

Not giving Nie Yan the chance to activate Stealth, a bright orb of light flew up into the sky, illuminating the ground below with an unveiling radiance. Without delay a ray of light flew out from between the trees and struck him. A bright floating mark appeared above his head, exposing his position completely.

Finally, a Dark Corrosion spiralled toward Nie Yan at a matchless speed.

Dark Corrosion was one of the most formidable spells belonging to a Shadow Priest! A target struck by the spell would suffer damage over time, as well be inflicted with an extremely powerful curse.

Shit! That's a really nasty combo of spells! Nie Yan inwardly cursed. So many spells were fired off in quick succession. Black Hell wasn't letting him catch his breath at all!

Nie Yan rolled to avoid the Dark Corrosion.「Boom!」The spell whizzed by him and struck a nearby tree. Its leaves dried up and fell to the ground. Its branches withered and blackened with rot. In almost an instant, the frightening curse power corroded it into a decayed husk.

Nie Yan shot a glance at an area beside a tree about 30 meters away, where he spotted a Shadow Priest in ash-gray robes brandishing a staff and chanting out a line of incarnation syllables at a rapid pace.

The magical energy in the air fluctuated violently for a brief instant.

Before he could get back on his feet, a giant spider web dropped directly out of the sky above him!

It was Web, although clearly a higher rank. He had previously relied on the Junior version of this uncommon spell to trap many an unsuspecting target.

Swift Retreat! Nie Yan gained a sudden burst of speed. He bounded backward like lightning which put him beyond the reach of Web.

The web fell on the ground but failed to ensnare Nie Yan.

"Not just his speed, but his reaction time is pretty fast too," Black Hell muttered, as he calmly held the staff in his hand. He had to admit... Nie Yan's speed was really astonishing. Even after being hit with such powerful curses, he was still able to move so quickly. Black Hell recalled the awe-inspiring strike Nie Yan used to incapacitate Hei Zhuo. It was no wonder even Yu Long couldn't stop him.

If he hadn't made the first move, it would've truly been difficult to get the upper hand on Nie Yan.

Black Hell raised his staff, firing off a Shadow Arrow at Nie Yan.