Chapter 312 - Great Thief Skill Book

Two nations represented the Evil Faction in the Underworld. When Righteous Faction players entered their domain, they would suffer from heavy stat penalties. Not only this, but they would also be attacked on sight by players of the Evil Faction.

The two factions were constantly at war. All sorts of magical trinkets and baubles from the Underworld would appear in the Hilton Stronghold every year.

Aside from the Hilton Stronghold, players could also reach the territory of the Evil Faction through the numerous tunnels leading to the Underworld.

Many of the high reward quests issued in Calore required travelling to the Underworld.

One could imagine the difficulty of completing a quest in the territory of the Evil Faction as a player from the Righteous Faction. Apart from being pursued by hordes of Evil Faction players, you would also have to be wary of crossing paths with an Evil Faction NPC, some of whom could kill you in an instant.

But with the Necklace of Deception, that all changed. Nie Yan could use it to disguise himself as part of the Evil Faction.

Of course the Necklace of Deception could be seen through with skills such as Eye of Truth.

The Necklace of Deception was similar to the Pearl of Disguise. But its duration was much longer which made it more practical for questing in the territory of the Evil Faction.

The Necklace of Deception might be of little use to ordinary players. But Nie Yan knew many quests that required him to travel to the Underworld.

Nie Yan would definitely be travelling there often in the future. He never thought a Necklace of Deception would drop here. What luck!

Nie Yan looked at the other group members. "Does anyone need this?" Even though he had use for the Necklace of Deception, as their guild leader, he couldn't simply take it without saying anything.

"No, I don't think any of us can use it." Tang Yao shook his head. He almost felt a headache coming on after looking at the complicated description of the Necklace of Deception. It might allow the player to switch factions, but it didn't give any stats. In fact, it actually reduced them! Who would have any use for such an item?

Nie Yan shifted his attention to Smoke Stub, Bladelight, and the others.

Smoke Stub shook his head. "We don't have any use for this item right now. We'll just borrow it from you if we ever do."

Although they could see the use of the Necklace of Deception, opportunities to travel to the territory of the Evil Faction didn't just drop from the sky. They might not necessarily be able to use this item effectively either.

"Alright, I'll be taking this Necklace of Deception then. If you guys ever need it, just let me know." Nie Yan was about to compensate the group members with guild merit points when he was interrupted.

"No need." Smoke Stub stopped Nie Yan. What need would contracted members like them have for guild merit points? Their equipment was directly given to them by the guild, even their mounts were.

At the strong refusal from the group members, Nie Yan gave up trying to compensate them.

"What's the last thing that dropped?" Bladelight asked. Aside from the Arcane Mage accessory and Necklace of Deception, there was one final item left!

Nie Yan picked up the item. It was a ruined journal page with a few things written on it.

I am deeply in love with Empress Finas. Her face is deeply imprinted into my mind... She's so compassionate... Her flawless angelic body appears to be carved out of the most brilliant crystal... It's a pity she's an empress while I'm just a lowly slave, a Moleman... Even the wretched can still feel love...