Chapter 211 - Invincible

After so long, I've finally gotten my hands on a Slaughter Fiend Medallion! Nie Yan couldn't help but feel a little excited. The two supplementary skills for the Thief version of the medallion were both really good.

Slaughter Fiend Medallion (Thief)

Rank: Junior (Owner must kill 1,000 players at least 2 levels above them to upgrade to Intermediate.)

Description: Can be upgraded through slaughter. However, the owner will grow more vulnerable with each subsequent upgrade.

Properties: Attack +20%, Defense -20%, Dexterity +20, Ignore Level +3, Armour Pierce

Junior Berserk Transformation: Enter a berserk state when health drops below 50%. Increases Attack and Movement Speed by 30%. Gain 10 Attack for every enemy slain. Cooldown: 30 seconds

Junior Mind Immune: Defends against all Mind Magic for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 30 seconds

Restrictions: Can only be used by the original owner. Bound after being picked up. Cannot be traded or dropped. Can be destroyed.

The Thief version of the medallion was a bit different from the Mage version. Its properties weren't bad, but it was the two supplementary skills that really made the item so great. Berserk Transformation would give a substantial boost to the player's offensive power when their health fell below 50%. However, the most important was Mind Immune. Any Thief who frequently engaged in PvP was very clear on what type of skills posed the greatest threat to them-crowd control skills! In the previous timeline, the official website once did a study of what Thieves died the most to during PvP: 52% Warrior's Tendon Break, 35% Mage's Control Magic, 9% high burst damage...

The Tendon Break skill of a Warrior ranked at number one. Warriors restrained Thieves, this was without a doubt. Whenever a Thief suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of a Mage, it was almost always because of Control Magic which posed a far greater threat to them than frightening burst damage.

Whether in large-scale wars or group battles, Priests were a favourite target of Thieves. As a cloth-armour support class, they were the most vulnerable. Not to mention they possessed annoying skills like Glimmer Mark and Illuminate. It was no surprise the vast majority of Thieves chose to take them out right off the bat.

The type of Control Magic that Priests were most proficient with was Mind Magic. So having something like Mind Immune would give an immense advantage when dealing with them.

Another reason Nie Yan wanted the Slaughter Fiend Medallion was that between Black Heaven and Black Hell, one was a Holy Priest and the other was most likely a Shadow Priest. He couldn't discount the possibility of them having Mind Control Magic. With Mind Immune from the Slaughter Fiend Medallion and Holy Descent from the Medal of the Ten Holy Paladins, he didn't believe the two of them could pose any sort of threat to him.

Nie Yan had already made preparations for his encounter with Black Heaven and Black Hell. Since Black Heaven was one of the Seven Archbishops in the previous timeline, he still hadn't abandoned his goal of recruiting them into Asskickers United. Although they were currently members of Dark Hero, it was in a state of decline, so that would probably change soon. However, if he mobilized a force to snatch the Chapter of Harmony away from them, it was the same as gifting an Archbishop to another guild. He assigned some subordinates to track Black Heaven and Black Hell down, but those two were exceedingly cautious, changing location every hour or so. His subordinates had no way of finding them at all.

Since Black Heaven and Black Hell couldn't be found, Nie Yan could only wait for them to come knocking at his doorstep. He had already prepared a response for them, and the Slaughter Fiend Medallion emerged at an exceedingly opportune time.