Chapter 212 - Amassing Funds

Nie Yan called up several classmates, informing them that he was transferring to another school in Huahai City. All of them were quite surprised. From what they recalled, Nie Yan's family wasn't particularly well off. Could his family's finances even support a move to the big capital, let alone transferring him to a school in the city? Nie Yan didn't bother explaining. In any case, they were only nodding acquaintances. It was fine to just let them know he was moving and say goodbye.

Nie Yan spent most of the day visiting a couple of relatives with his parents. Afterwards, the whole family moved everything to their residence in the suburbs of Huahai City. They still had a lot of unpacking to do.

Nie Yan's new home was a luxurious villa beside a crystal-clear lake near the mountains. It had an enormous courtyard filled with all sorts of plant life with numerous flowers in full bloom. The scenery was beautiful. The villa in his memories, however, wasn't this one but rather a different place a few hundred meters away from here.

The situation in this life somewhat differed from his past one, so there were bound to be minute changes.

His rebirth produced a tiny butterfly effect which gradually proliferated outward, altering the world in a distinct but subtle way. He suddenly had a strange thought. Was it possible for his tampering with events to even influence the upcoming election?

Maybe so... No one could predict the future.

Even as a reincarnator, he could only drift along the currents of time. The future was forever out of his control, just like the unpredictability of the stock market. All Nie Yan could do was slowly raise his personal strength, to let himself wield some power to ruthlessly strike at the rails of destiny in the face of an uncertain future, altering the direction of history. At the very least, he couldn't allow the events of his past life to recur. That much would be enough.

Nie Yan enjoyed the warm happiness of being together with his parents.

To him, having a dull, ordinary life like this again was a gift from Heaven.

Nie Yan gave Guo Huai a phone call.

Your family moved to Huahai? Where?

27 Ping'an[1] District,」Nie Yan replied. In his past life, he had once ridiculed the name of this district for being so lame and boring. Only later on would he come to realize just how precious the words safe and peaceful were to him.

That's a neighbourhood with all villas, right? Even the cheapest place in that area is at least ¥50,000,000! Wow! Not bad, brat! You're a rich and loaded prodigal son now! By the way, my old man assessed various places in Conviction. The valuation of a single plot of land in Calore is ridiculously expensive! You know those properties you had me buy on your behalf in the other cities? Their value can't even be estimated!」Guo Huai said. Nie Yan's current net worth was high enough to leave people speechless. As for exactly how many properties Nie Yan owned, even Guo Huai was unclear.

When stronghold sieges start in the future, if we can occupy a stronghold and create our own city, you'll find out what it really means to be rich in the game!」Nie Yan laughed.

I'll wait for that time to come, then. I heard in-game currency conversion will be released in five or six days. Reportedly, an auction of virtual properties is going to begin soon. A portion of them will be auctioned off on the transaction platform. The time still hasn't been announced yet,」Guo Huai informed. Many powers would definitely be looking to invest into Conviction in the future. Even his old man was starting to get a little restless.