Chapter 395 - Lightning Storm!

Black flames started falling from the sky. What started out initially as a light drizzle of flames quickly turned into a torrential downpour, transforming everything within a 100-meter radius into a raging sea of fire.

A blanket of damage values rose up into the sky as players collapsed in droves inside this hellish purgatory. Everything within Explosion Inferno's sphere of influence was burned to ash.

Almost all of the 400 Asskickers United players at the front were wiped out, with only a few survivors that happened to be at the very edge of the spell's radius escaping in time.

The Elemental Shaman Darkwing narrowed his eyes when he noticed silhouettes darting out from the flames to his left. He waved his staff and sent out a bolt of lightning, which arced between the seven low-health players from Asskickers United and killed them instantly.

The Holy Mage blasted out spells in quick succession. Although the Windfury Totem had disappeared, he still had more than enough damage to finish off the straggling low-health survivors.

Explosion Inferno lasted a total of ten ticks before finally ending. Starbright jumped off the ledge and grouped up with his comrades, his name glowing crimson red.

"I killed 288 players. Weaklings! No challenge at all," Starbright remarked.

The seven of them had mowed down more than 300 players from Asskickers United without breaking a sweat.

Even though these members of Asskickers United were superior to the average player, they were inferior to peak players like Starbright and his group in terms of overall stats, level, gear quality, timing, or skill knowledge. When a top expert took the field, ordinary players could only serve as cannon fodder, regardless of the disparity in numbers.

"Don't underestimate the enemy. The ones we just faced are the most ordinary out of the bunch. Remember, prudence guides a ship for 10,000 years," Darkwing warned somberly, not allowing the adrenaline get to his head. He knew the true battle was just beginning!

"So what? The only threat here is Nirvana Flame. All of the top experts in Asskickers United are busy doing their class advancement quests. Let's see just how strong he really is!" Starbright arrogantly replied, playing around with a ball of black flames in his palm. He was already picturing himself basking in the glory and fame, and collecting the fat reward, for killing the Mad Rogue.

No one could resist the allure of riches and fame. Starbright was no exception.

At this moment, Asskickers United was attempting to fend off attacks on all four sides by groups of class advanced players from Bloodlust Blades, Alliances of Mages, Divine Protectors, and Angel Corps. Each group contained between 8-12 players.

The players from Asskickers United fell into a panic as the enemy gnawed away at their ranks.

"Protect the Black Gunpowder!" Nie Yan personally took command of 500 players in guarding seven jars of Black Gunpowder.

With Nie Yan's permission, Paladin of the Elegy started dispatching orders to all of the smaller squads. Nie Yan noticed that he worked surprisingly well under pressure and had a knack for commanding.

He was pleasantly surprised by this development, and remained close by to provide assistance in the event that Paladin of the Elegy slipped up.

Paladin of the Elegy couldn't help but be nervous with Nie Yan right beside him. But he still issued orders with a cool head.

Nie Yan glanced thoughtfully at Paladin of the Elegy. They had only interacted a few times before this, and Nie Yan didn't think much of him until recently. Now, it dawned on him that Paladin of the Elegy was a diamond in the rough, and one that was worth polishing.