Chapter 282 - Chapter of Peace

When Black Sea Devil Banmu finally fell to Nie Yan, Lil' Gold lit up with a brilliant radiance and levelled up six times, all the way to Level 26. Since Nie Yan had changed his experience settings, Lil' Gold received full experience from Banmu.

Nie Yan jumped down from the cliff face and landed on one of the three rocky islands. He called Lil' Gold out of his hiding spot, then checked his upgraded stats: 1,030 health and 730-757 attack and magic power. As Lil' Gold's level rose, his frightening growth rate would start showing an increasingly greater effect. His stats would soon reach ludicrous heights!

Nie Yan could scarcely imagine just how powerful Lil' Gold would become down the line.

Lil' Gold also grew another head taller, making him about as tall as Nie Yan.

Nie Yan recalled Lil' Gold in a brief flurry of excitement. He still hadn't collected the loot that dropped from Banmu!

He jumped off the rocky island, falling roughly 30 meters before plunging into the water with a loud splash.

Nie Yan activated his Underwater Breathing Pearl and dove down. Swimming ever deeper, he followed the columns of light that bore down from above the water's surface until he arrived at the bottom of the cove, where they could scarcely reach. By now, Banmu's corpse had despawned. He searched around the seafloor for a while before eventually finding the drops. A certain item among the pile drew his attention, a pearl that emitted a faint glow in the surrounding darkness.

Nie Yan's heart quivered. Could it really be...? No, I'll get back up to the surface first.

Stuffing all the items into his bag, Nie Yan was about to swim back ashore when a shimmer in the far distance caught his eye.

Nie Yan raised an eyebrow in surprise. He was familiar with this sort of light. This gentle yet piercing radiance without a doubt belonged to a chapter from the Book of Order!

He immediately started swimming towards the light. I've never heard of there being a chapter in this area...

Swimming through the murky waters, Nie Yan was suddenly caught by a strong current which nearly swept him away.

An intense feeling of foreboding surfaced in his heart. Aside from Banmu, was there another powerful monster lurking in these waters?

Nie Yan took out an Unknown Transfer Scroll. If he encountered any danger, he could use it to escape at a moment's notice.

After much struggling, he regained control of his body and continued swimming forwards. About five minutes later, he could almost touch the source of the light. Only a few meters away, he saw its origin-a golden scroll floating calmly in the darkness, giving off a dazzling radiance.

Nie Yan's heart shook in excitement. It really was a chapter from the Book of Order!

He wondered if anyone had found this chapter in the previous timeline. He never knew there was one here. This encounter was purely coincidental!

If he hadn't noticed that faint shimmer in the distance, he would've never come searching in this area.

Nie Yan pondered on the information he collected in his past life. Every chapter from the Book of Order was discovered by players exploring maps for the first time. Only 31 were ever found. As for the remaining five, no one knew of their locations.

There weren't many chapters near Calore, only about 12 in total. The other 24 were scattered in maps around other cities. Some were even located in the distant Satreen Empire. Nie Yan knew the rough locations of many of them. However, acquiring them was but a wishful dream for now. They were either guarded by extremely terrifying existences or hidden in almost impossible to reach places. Him completing the Glimpse of Darkness at this stage of the game was already an extraordinary accomplishment.