Chapter 237 - True Illusion

Nie Yan recalled the list of people Shadow Killer assassinated in the previous timeline. Who among them wasn't an extraordinary figure? He didn't expect that Shadow Killer's first assassination target in Conviction was very likely himself! This was a testament to the fact that he as well as Asskickers United were starting to shine on this stage, and were now the subject of much attention. Although he faced a certain degree of danger with this target on his back, the threat remained solely on him. Even if he was assassinated, Asskickers United would still remain standing strong!

You're still in the mood to laugh?」Guo Huai asked in a dejected tone.

You should be happy. Victorious Return and Radiant Sacred Flame hiring the services of Shadow Killer just to deal with me is a reflection of the fear in their hearts. They're afraid Asskickers United will shake their positions. What should we be anxious about? The ones who should be worried are them!」Nie Yan replied.

Alright. I admit your words do make sense,」Guo Huai said helplessly. How did Nie Yan always somehow spin every troubling new development into a good piece of news?

Nie Yan chuckled.

Let's not linger on the bad for too long. I have some good news to report as well. Firstly, the players on the forums recently created a ranking of the top guilds based on battle strength, and Asskickers United placed in front of Radiant Sacred Flame, Victorious Return, and Holy Empire. They're calling Asskickers United a mecca of experts. Thanks to this exposure, a lot of strong players are starting to flock to our side. Secondly, both our branch guilds-Mages United and Warriors United-due to the joining requirements being relatively more lax, have reached the maximum capacity for Level 1 guilds, 20,000 players. I've also taken the liberty of establishing three more branch guilds, Paladins United, Thieves United, and Priests United. I plan to have the elite members of these branches rank up their guilds to Level 2.」Guo Huai was shocked by the expansion speed of the branch guilds which far exceeded his expectations.

Mhmmm... things are developing at a good pace. We should transfer the strongest members of the branch guilds to the main guild,」Nie Yan said. The creation of branch guilds was an inevitability. Even though weak players couldn't join Asskickers United, it was a waste to squander free manpower.

Lastly, we've been approached by several guilds about merging into Asskickers United,」Guo Huai said.

Make sure to take the necessary precautions before letting any of them join,」Nie Yan reminded. It was very possible they harboured malicious motives.

This, I understand. I'll do a thorough investigation. I won't be letting them in the guild any time soon anyway.」Guo Huai nodded. He was extremely prudent in handling this matter.

Even though Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return were rapidly expanding, Asskickers United wasn't sitting still either; it was thriving-developing at breakneck speed. After winning several major battles, their reputation benefited tremendously and the morale of their players skyrocketed. And their closest ally, Holy Empire, also got to share in some of the glory. Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return suffered a huge blow to their prestige after their recent defeat. With this shift in the balance of power, Asskickers United no longer had to fear them.

Nie Yan could now take a laissez faire approach to managing the guild. Asskickers United's rise to the top was a foregone conclusion. So long as enough time was given, they would crush Radiant Sacred Flame and Victorious Return beneath their feet.

The players of Asskickers United were starting to enjoy the glory brought along by the rise of the guild. This sort of feeling would unite them even further. An undivided force was an impregnable stronghold that could never be destroyed!