Reader x Armin: My Side of The Tree

This is another version of Little Red Riding Hood, this time, it's just you and Armin, Trainees!

Enjoy!

"Don't forget to follow the path, Armin!" A concerned Mikasa told her best friend as she handed him a basket full of freshly baked goods she made. Armin, who was nicknamed as Little Red Riding Hood, was a petite young boy who was too precious for the world. Everyone in the village adored him, his family passed away and it was his bestfriend's family who took him in and raised him well. Eren was Armin's first friend and he was devastated when he was sent to exile for treason. Eren's foster sister took care of their home in the village when their parents went away for a long time. Eren's mother sowed Mikasa a beautiful red scarf and Armin a red hood. Eren's father gave him a necklace with a special key as a charm. Armin deeply appreciated this family so he wore the red hood every chance he got, which was usually to visit Eren in his small hut in the other side of the woods. Mikasa was unable to regularly visit her brother for she had to tend to their farm and the bake shop. 

Armin smiled sweetly and reassured the girl, "Yes, Mikasa. Nothing else to follow but the path! Straight ahead, don't stray or you'll be mislead." Mikasa smiled and sent him off.

"And remember! Watch out for wolves!"

Armin waved and greeted at the fellow villagers as he followed the path towards the woods. He hummed a little tune as he walked, ignoring the sharp eyes watching him closely. You wagged your tail and your ears perked up to his humming. You continue to follow the Little Red Riding Hood all the way to the middle of the woods, where you finally thought about coming out to greet him. As you were about to, you feel your feet glued to the ground, you panicked as you kept gazing at Armin, who was slowly walking away. You glided along the trees, making sure that you weren't to be found. You stopped when Armin flinched and looked around, your heart shattered when you saw his terrified expression. He clutched his basket tightly.

"W-who's there...?!" He cried.

You frowned and ran away, you didn't like the idea of being Armin's reason of being scared of the woods. You rested on a tree on a hill, still within the woods, you frowned at your tail and your paws.

"I just want to meet you...just to talk to you.." You sighed, "It's silly, our ending will just be like the story! Oh, why did we have to be The Wolf and The Little Red Riding Hood?" 

The next day, you saw Armin walking the same path, it seems like he ended up staying over at Eren's. You watched him from behind trees and bushes, when you suddenly made a twig snap into two. Armin whimpered and held out a little pocket knife, pointing at your hiding spot. You frowned once more, you kept still until Armin ran away.

Armin decided to take a little break, so he found a tree on a hill. He rested on the other side and took deep breaths. He sighed when he remembered a silhouette of a wolf when he was travelling to Eren's. It was terrifying, but another side of him wanted to meet the wolf. However, wolves were to be killed, they were a threat to the villagers. Eren was rumored to be part wolf, that was why he was sent to exile. But Armin new that Eren wasn't really part wolf, wolf people were demons, they were cruel and inhuman. Part human and part animals were extinct, but rumor has it  that a lone wolf demon lived in the woods. That lone wolf was you, who wanted nothing more but to talk to Armin, the one you have fell in love with.

Your eyes widened when you saw Armin staring back at you. Your ears twitched when he stood up.

"P-please...don't hurt me.." His voice was sweet yet terrified. You stepped back, lowering your ears. Armin took his basket and ran away. When he was gone, your eyes started to produce tears. Why oh why were you cursed to be a beast? Everybody runs from you, you just want someone to hold you, to whisper sweet nothings into your ear. Wolves do have killer instincts, but you were certain that you wouldn't even hurt a fly (Though you'd hurt another animal for food)! You sat down on the opposite side of the tree, you watched the twilight sky above you as tears poured from your eyes. 

Then again, Armin was walking down the path to Eren's house. You walked out from your spot and stood before the trembling boy. He was so terrified that he began to cry and whimper. Your eyes widened and you reached out for him, but you stopped midway when he cowered in fear. Your hand was trembling.

"I...I just wanted to meet you...to touch you and to talk to you....I promise I'm gentle..I'd never hurt you. But you know our story..." You frowned, "Just how many times have I prayed to God? But even so...Still I love you and I want to hold you but I know that I won’t be able to. However I struggle. However I pray, my claws and fangs won’t go away." You clenched your paws and you looked at Armin, who still kept on crying but he looked at you straightly.

"But...I can wait," You placed down a flower on the ground, "You can go dry your tears...no matter how long it'll take, I'll be waiting on my side of the tree."

Then, you left.

I love this song so much, go check it out, Trainees!

Requests are ON HOLD!

Until then, be Humanity's Hope, Trainees!

Sylvia-Danchou is out, peace!