The Trainee (100th Special)

We're all unique. But we somehow share the same story. Especially living in a world filled with fear. I've known one specific individual who has shown bravery and camaraderie like no one else in this godforsaken world we live in. People tend to call that person "The Light of Humanity", I've met that person, and I wasn't proven wrong. That person was indeed Humanity's Light. And I am proud to have that person become one of my students.

This is coming from someone who knew Humanity's Light before anyone else. Well, I'd say who took Humanity's Light under her wing...haha..

My name is Sylvia, I am the Chief Intructor after Keith Shadis. I care for the training and the evaluation for each person who wishes to join the military. Now, just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm softer than Shadis. Oh no, I'm far worse. I was taken under Shadis' wing when I was very young, he allowed me to join the military when I was only at the age of thirteen, I'm currently eighteen now and is the youngest cheif there is. I've handled over twenty Trainee Squads, and all of them are part of the Survey Corps, The Garrisons and the Military Police now, scared shitless and whatnot...I've contributed quite a lot for Humanity's survival, training wanna-be soldiers for what's to come. I polish them to become like holy soldiers and so on, because I don't want anyone else to experience what had happened to me.

Like any other soldier, I've seen countless of those godforsaken titans eat my comrades. I've lived a life of betrayal and doubts. I can die anytime, I'm not like those titan-shifters. And there were also times where I try to take my own life, but I couldn't. For who would polish these ambitious youngsters to become the soldiers we are today? Shadis is no longer around, that brute retired long ago. And he specifically gave me this role, I can't let him down. I never had any friends, to be honest. The closest relationship I could have was between teacher and student. I have never felt the warmth of a hug, I only shake hands. I never smiled for anyone, let alone to my students. That is, until you came.

You know, (y/n), you've changed everyone's lives, especially mine. Want me to recall what legacy you've brought upon this world?

You were just a toddler when I found you during one of the expeditions. To think a human could play peek-a-boo with a 3 meter titan! I was glad I could save you before you were eaten, though you did threw a tantrum saying I kept you and your friend a part. I returned you to the orphanage, but you somehow managed to follow me back to my cabin. And I decided to adopt you as my sibling. I planned on raising you like how Shadis raised me, but instead, I wanted you to be loyal and kind to everyone.

The happy part is that you grew into something I never was. You had so many friends, that Jaeger kid, Ackerman, Arlert...those twenty year old Survey Corps members. And did you remember Captain Levi picking you up by the scruff of your collar? I never laughed whole heartedly in all of my life. And you turned thirteen, you were ready for the military. And you were more than willing to join, you were jumping up and down when you received your Trainee uniform. But you also complained a lot about my serious training.

"Come on, (y/n)! It's just seven sets of ten turning kicks!" I would encourage.

You'd moan and do it anyway, and I was contented. Especially when you graduated Top One. But it was now the time where you would choose which platoon you'd join.

But when each commanders of the three platoons came and announced that the succeeding Top Ten would have a chance to spend one day in their platoon, you came running to me, begging me to accompany you. I had nothing better to do, since I didn't have fresh meat to tenderize for the time being.

So you tried out for the Military Police first,

And oh dear Maria did you hated it. Everyone was snobby and boastful, hiding behind the safe walls of Sina. But you became friends with the Leonhardt girl.