Reader x Jean: Don't Forget

In a normal looking western styled house, lived a scientist. A lonely one at that. The villagers think that the scientist was mad, even though that scientist has served them ever since.

That scientist was you, you were once a renowned scientist who won prestigious awards for your inventions. All inspired by your husband, Jean Kristein, who was the sweetest artist you knew. However, all went downhill when your husband passed away from an illness you studied so much just to find a cure. Now you lived in desperation and loneliness, hoping to see your husband once more.

So you began to work day and night for a project that you hope can solve your sadness and longing.

You didn't leave your work space until the early stages of dawn. You ran around the village and gather materials, sometimes you were lucking to find scraps of metal of some sort. Your coffee intake was larger than the food you should consume.

One day, while you were working, a knock came upon your front door. You opened it and smiled at your visitor.

"Good morning, Dr. (y/n)!" Marco, the baker, greeted. Being a scientist meant learning everything you could know about the fields of science. Medicine was one of that. You've treated quite a number of illnesses since you moved in. Jean's wasn't one of them. "I brought your favorite today."

You took the basket from him and fully opened the door. "Thank you, Marco. Would you like to step in for some tea?" Marco nodded and gave his thanks as he entered. You placed the basket on the table and went to the kitchen to prepare the tea.

"How's your work these days, Doc? Still working on the same thing?" Marco asked, he was looking at your vast collection of wrenches scattered on the floor.

"Yes, believe it or not, the outer layer is done. All that there needs to be is the wires to make him fully functional." You replied.

"Y-you're making him live?! Doc, this'll be incredible! The technology we have today isn't enough to support that!" Marco cried.

"Worry not." You brought tea to the table and served some to Marco. "I can make substitutes. I've researched about it for far too long. I should be able to produce something mankind hasn't seen before." You said determingly.

"Besides, it has a wonderful benefit." You continued.

"And what may that be, doc?" Marco asked.

You placed a hand over your heart and sighed. "My emotional health."

****
Marco sat impatiently at the stool as he watched you detach a few things from your work. You stood back and prayed in your mind hoping that this'll work.

"I put voice command. So he can only obey from my voice. I wouldn't want anyone to sabotage what I have left of him. Marco, are you ready?" You asked. You heard Marco say yes, making you sigh. You stood up straight and faced your creation.

"Good morning, Jean." You said to the robot clearly resembling your late husband but with a few bolts here and there. He was sitting on a chair but fluttered his eyes open at the sound of his name. The robot looked around and finally landed his eyes on you. Robot Jean stood up an smiled.

"Good morning, my love." Robot Jean greeted. "Have you eaten? Would you like me to make you something?"

You began to cry and Marco couldn't believe his eyes. Robot Jean marched towards you and wrapped his arms around you, whispering comforting things. He then turned to Marco.

"Hey, Marco. What are you doing here?" The robot scanned Marco once to be able to recognise him from his memory chip.

"I....wow...haha..." Marco chuckled. "I didn't think this was possible, (y/n)! Y-you've out done yourself!"

That night, you continued to marvel over Jean, and felt quite better but still empty.

"(y/n), is there something wrong?" Robot Jean asked.

"Are you aware that you are not made of the same material I am?"

The robot nodded. "I was made for the beneficial of your emotional health, correct? And it is my sole purpose. As of now, your emotional health has increased by...ten percent."

"Even so, I cannot have the same old Jean as I had last time. I cannot replace him with an object. I'm sorry for my words." You quickly apologized.

"Don't worry. I cannot be offended. But please, use me as you will during his mortal life. I wish nothing else but to fulfill your mission for me." The robot Jean sat next to you and placed his hands around you.

"Although, one request, my dear."

"What is it?"

"Don't forget the real me..."

Well, that was short and confusing! But what the heck? I roll like that!

Until then, be Humanity's Hope, Trainees!

Sylvia-Danchou is out, peace!