Reader x Erwin: You Went

Kinda eager to publish this chapter cuz some of my Trainees have been asking for Part 2 of Erwin's Don't Go chapter. Last we left off, Erwin left a pregnant Reader-chan for war.

Enjoy!

He turned his back and walked away, without leaving a single trace.

Your heart shivered uncomfortably, you remembered crying for him in your head like a child.

"Don't go...please..."

After he was no longer present in the sea of people, you turned and walked away. More tears fell from your eyes as you gently pushed people aside to make way. Fortunately, they quickly did, seeing your state and all.

You remembered grabbing a taxi home, and as soon as you entered your house, you flopped down the couch and cried your heart out.

That night, you couldn't sleep. The small master bedroom you were currently residing in was unusually spacious this time. The bed felt colder without its right inhabitant.

More restless nights kept coming and you had to take a few sleeping pills in order to get the right amount of sleep.

How many months have passed? Three? Five?

You wished he could spend this time with you.

Then the baby came. A healthy baby boy.

"Erwin Jr." You chuckled sadly. The delivery went smoothly but it pained you that you had no hand of a husband to hold. To squeeze tightly as the pain is unbearable. There were no comforting rubs and kisses and whispers from the person you love that calmed you.

A week later, you took the baby home. You took pictures of every First Times the baby had. All of it you sent to your husband, in hopes for a reply.

Not one came.

Then a year passed. You got a card from Erwin during Christmas.

'I miss you and I love you. I can't wait to see our child. Merry Christmas, Mrs. Smith'

At one year old, EJ learned how to speak and how to walk. His first word was "Dada?", having to see so many pictures of a mysterious blond man next to his mama, EJ couldn't help but get curious. His first sentence, which surprised you, was, "Where dada?"

You tried not to cry, but you did. And EJ saw how you looked hurt, he started crying too.

He said two years, you waited for two years. He didn't return.

Erwin kept sending letters every now and then. You just...didn't bother writing back anymore. You let EJ write to his father when he gets the chance.

"Mommy?" Erwin Jr. called.

"What's wrong, EJ?"

"....is...daddy coming back?"

You smiled at him and shrugged.

You kept being strong for Erwin Jr. You did. You didn't want him to see that his mom was weak. His dad was a soldier, for Christ's sake! You needed to toughen up a bit!

Even without a father, you were able to raise Erwin Jr. with ease. Although you had to give up rest for a few nights to study about adolescents. All for Erwin Jr.

One day, while Erwin Jr. was at school, you were cleaning around the house when the door bell rang.

You opened it and two soldiers from the war appeared. One saluted while the other had a dog tag and an envelope in hand.

"Mrs. Smith." The superior one sighed.

Without another word, the superior one placed the envelope and dog tag in your hands and saluted before they left. Sorry was in their eyes.

You read the letter.

Dear Mrs. Smith;

You sat on the couch as you read.

It is with deep regret that I write to you-

This was bullshit.

to confirm my telegram of XX XXX XX-

Maybe Erwin's flight was delayed?

In which it was my sad duty to inform you of-

They won the war, right? He should be home before the weekend starts.

the death of your husband, First Lieutenant Erwin Smith.

Maybe Erwin would like a feast for dinner once he got home?

You'd need to go shop for ingredients.

The paper fell from your hands as you stood up, you didn't bother to pick it up, along with the dog tag that had Erwin's data carved in. You grabbed your bag and your car keys so you could pick up Erwin Jr. from school.

You wanted to yell "Don't go!" at him....

...

...

...

...

But he went.

Oh.

Until then, be Humanity's Hope, Trainees!

Sylvia-Danchou is out, peace!