Chapter 3

***

Chaeyoung was bored. NO! She was very bored!

It had been more than an hour since they arrived at the Headmistress' office and she asked them to wait for the teacher assigned for the Special Section. Headmistress Seo said that she was more than qualified to enter the first class because of her achievements. However, it seemed the teacher did not agree with this and was blatantly ignoring the Headmistress' calls.

"Headmistress, if you don't mind, how long are we going to wait for Teacher Min? It's been more than an hour, and she is still not here. This is clearly a sign that she doesn't want my cousin in her class." Taehyung said, his voice low and grave. He was obviously losing his patience.

Headmistress lifted her head and looked at them. She pursed her lips, thinking about what to say without sounding offensive. She couldn't afford to offend Mr. Wang. Although her cousin Sunmi already told her to make things difficult for Chaeyoung, she couldn't really do it in front of the heir of the Wang Empire.

"Mr. Wang, please understand. Teacher Min is a very brilliant teacher. She's been the adviser of our special class for more than 10 years and has shown great results. She is reluctant to accept Chaeyoung because Teacher Min doesn't want to start over, just to let Chaeyoung Park adapt to the lessons." Headmistress said in a stern voice.

"But-" Taehyung was about to retort. He clearly knew that his cousin was more than capable of topping the National Exam.

However, Chaeyoung interrupted him before he could say something nasty. She knew how impulsive Taehyung was and it won't be good if he lashed out at the headmistress.

"Headmistress, I don't want to spend both of our day waiting for someone who doesn't want me to be in her class. Why don't we just do this instead?" Chaeyoung paused while observing the headmistress. "I want to go to the second best class. I am willing to take any test." She declared as she looked at her cousin. Her gaze was enough to make him not utter another word. Headmistress looked at her while contemplating. She considered Chaeyoung's suggestion.

"Okay, I will give Teacher Kim a call." She then picked up her phone and asked someone to bring Teacher Kim inside. Teacher Kim was a beautiful petite young lady, wearing an old fashioned dress and glasses that seemed to be too big for her face.

When Teacher Kim saw Chaeyoung's qualifications, she was ecstatic. She was clearly looking at a young genius. Her skills exceeded all of her previous students, be it in academics or extracurricular activities.

"I will absolutely accept you in my class. Ayah... no need to worry about tests and formalities. From now on I will be your teacher. Call me Miss Kim." Teacher Kim smiled from ear to ear. She was positive that it was now her time to beat the arrogant Teacher Min in the National Exams. What could go wrong with this young genius by her side?

At that time. Teacher Kim was not yet aware that this decision would change her life forever.

...

The news of what happened in the Headmistress' office spread like wildfire.

"I heard Teacher Min refuse to accept her. Ha! I say this Chaeyoung is very bold. Even asking to be in the Special class two months before the National Exam."

"I hope she won't embarrass our school at the exams. She just arrived after all. What could she learn in these two months?"