Chapter 86

***

Chaeyoung stared at Miyeon, her gaze unfathomable. Were they talking about the same Claire?

"Tell me about this conversation." she asked as her interest about this topic piqued. The possibility of her mother being alive is... It's just close to unbelievable.

"Well... I was just waiting for my face to heal when I heard Yuri crying... she was talking to someone.. a man. I'm not sure if it was over the phone or a video call... I just listen outside of her room. So..."

"So Yuri was arguing with the man, she said she wanted to have you killed as soon as possible. But the man said they cannot do it without the substitute. Without me."

"Then Yuri started talking about how you killed her mother and how she should also kill your mother."

"But the man got angry and told her that the greatest revenge is letting you watch as... Claire treats Yuri as a daughter."

Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes at Miyeon, "And when did this happen?"

"About two months ago."

"Where?"

"I don't know. I was in a penthouse. I think it was Yuri's penthouse."

Chaeyoung nodded at Miyeon's words.

"So that's it? You are just going to nod? Do you even care about your mother?" Miyeon asked.

"What do you want me to do? Cry about something that is uncertain?" she said before shaking her head. "I'm not as stupid as you."

"But I was telling the truth!"

"Okay." she shrugged, trying to maintain her nonchalant attitude. She cannot have Miyeon see her react to her words.

"Okay? That was it? Are you still human?" Miyeon widened her eyes in disbelief. "Your mother is treating another woman as her child! Do you get it? They wanted to hurt you by letting your mother treat another person as her daughter!"

"Okay... stop it. Seriously, your voice is annoying me. First, my mother died when I was fifteen. Second, why would my mother treat another person as her child? Its either she had forgotten about me or she was another woman at all. So quit yapping, its irritating me." Chaeyoung said. "As I have promised, I will let my men bring you to the police. Your father is safe and is waiting for you at the station."

"Also, treasure this moment with your father. If I am right then... the one backing Yuri might kill you, to tie up loose ends," she added before turning her back at Miyeon.

"Wait!" Miyeon said, halting Chaeyoung's steps. Seeing Chaeyoung turned her head to her direction, she asked. "Do you... Did you once see me as a rival? Did you once felt fear that I... I might take Lisa away from you?" This was the question that Miyeon wanted to ask after what happened to her family.

She can see Chaeyoung acting all mighty and she wondered if.... Chaeyoung even once feared that she could take Lisa away from her.

Chaeyoung just chuckled at her words. "Miyeon, let me tell you something."

"I never once feared that someone will take Lisa away from me. It doesn't mean that I do not love her. It just means that I trust her enough for me to believe that she will not cheat on our relationship."