Chapter 74

***

Not even a day had passed and everyone in the entire office knew that Lisa was not as kind as her father. In fact, she had fired not just one, but five executives that morning. These included some senior and operations managers, who had been working with MC Oils for more than ten years.

Furthermore, Lisa had told these five people to expect a call from the company's lawyers and prepare to pay back everything they owed to the company due to their illegal dealings and dishonesty.

Without any delay, this news made its way to all the leaders of other companies who were intently watching the Manoban Conglomerate.

"It seems she got her ruthlessness from her mother," Henry Lee chuckled when he heard the news from Hu Renjie.

"That woman doesn't know what she is doing! Embarrassing me like this. Hmp! Did she think that I will not make her pay for what she has done?" Hu Renjie sneered. "I need your help to deal with her. After all, you also benefited from the millions that I took from the Manoban Conglomerate."

Henry Lee's face immediately darkened upon hearing Hu Renjie's words. He stared at the fat old man who was sitting across from him. "Are you trying to tell me what to do?"

Seeing Henry Lee's cold gaze instantly made Hu Renjie nervous. He immediately held his hands up and amiably smiled at Henry. "No... No... Mr. Lee, calm down. I was just giving a suggestion, that's all... I would never tell you what to do... hehe."

He nervously watched Henry as sweat started to soak his back. The man in front of him was like the Asura of the business world; he was not only smart, but he was also extremely ruthless and had an extreme desire for bloodshed.

"Good. Be thankful that I don't want to smell like blood today, or else you would have been dead by now," Henry said before downing a glass of wine. "Don't forget that it was you who failed to acquire all the shares that I wanted."

"Right... Right... I apologize Mr. Lee..." Hu Renjie stuttered. "However, I did get you a list of the Manoban Family's black market contacts. This... This list is not complete, but it's a start... He-Here, take a look" he said before handing over a piece of paper that he had stolen from Marco's office. His hands were shaking from nervousness.

"Fool!" Henry said before tearing the paper to pieces. "These are not their contacts, stupid! Get out! Don't call me again until you obtain that list!"

Hu Renjie did not even take another breath before running out of Henry's office. He instantly made his way to his car and breathed a sigh of relief the moment he locked himself inside. "Drive... Drive...," he urged his driver. He needed to get away from this place before Henry changed his mind and decided to kill him.

After making sure that he was at least a mile away, Hu Renjie let out a long sigh and wiped away the sweat from his forehead. It had been two years since he had first met Henry Lee and the fear that he felt towards the man was still the same.

He knew that the only reason why he was still alive was that Henry Lee could still use him. However, he knew that once Henry Lee deemed him as useless, he would automatically disappear from this world, just like everyone else who had worked with Henry in the past.

As sad as it may seem, that was a fact. No matter how much he detested Henry, Hu Renjie knew that he couldn't get away from an evil man like him. He had already sold his soul to Henry the moment he had asked for his help two years ago.