Chapter 97

***

The next day was the first day of the Spring Festival. On that day, Chaeyoung and Lisa were going to have a family dinner, spending the majority of the day at Wang Estate, together with both of their families.

Chaeyoung watched as everyone was happily having dinner, laughing and talking about the different stuff happening lately in the family. That was until she remembered about the traitor that Claire had mentioned. She said that someone wanted to get rid of her. However, Claire did not know why.

But Chaeyoung guessed that her mother was lying to her. She thought that Claire knew the exact reason, yet, she did not want to inform her. Chaeyoung wondered what could have been the reason that someone close to Claire wanted to kill her.

"By the way, Chae... some of your mother's friends will visit tomorrow. They were her classmates at high school. They just arrived from abroad and want to meet you." Jackson smiled at her.

Chaeyoung just nodded at Jackson's words. Friends? She had never heard her mother mention her friends, both in her past and present lives.

"Where are they from?" She asked, curious about these people's identities.

"Only two people came, both of them were your mother's best friends at high school. But they have married someone out of this country. They are both living in Luxembourg now with their families."

Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow at Jackson. "Luxembourg? Huh? Then, what are they doing here now?"

"Well... I guess, they just want to see you? After all, you are their best friend's only daughter."

Once again, Chaeyoung nodded.

"Oh, I forgot.. they will be coming with their son and daughter I think. You should meet them and maybe get close to them... I've heard they are really nice and intelligent. They are also here to visit their friend who is known in the acting industry. I think she was a manager or something... I forgot, but they even asked if you can tour them around the city."

Chaeyoung did not answer her uncle. Her mind can't help but revolved around her uncle's words. Luxembourg, her mother's classmates, who she did not even know, with their kids.

This should be interesting.

"So, are you going to accompany them tomorrow? You can visit your mother's grave together." Jackson asked.

"Sure," she answered nonchalantly.

...

The day ended happily for Chaeyoung and Lisa, both of them had the time to bond with their families. Though the occasional teasing about having a grandchild was there, both of them just laugh it off. After all, they were both young and still had a lot of enemies. They thought that it was not the right time for a child yet. They wanted to protect their own child, and the fact that their enemies were still hidden, waiting to strike anytime, was not really a good thing for them.

That night, however, Chaeyoung received a very strange phone call from Jennie.

"What's wrong?" She asked after Jennie updated her on what had happened that day. According to Jennie's story, it was fun and she had really enjoyed talking to her relatives. Yet, Chaeyoung sensed that something was wrong.

"I'm not sure if I have mentioned this to you before, but I had met a guy in Japan. Just outside our office. I was with Long Die... He was... was really nice and handsome." Jennie stated. "I really thought he is nice..."