Chapter 50

***

After Wendy's sudden outburst, she decided to calm herself down before meeting with Taehyung and Chaeyoung.

Although she felt that what happened earlier at the summit was not her fault at all, she was still going to ask for Taehyung's help for the shares.

After all, she could still be considered as someone from the Choi Family.

However, Wendy refused to suffer with the Choi Family. Why should she? She did not do anything wrong at all.

All she did was give her love and devotion to Jackson wholeheartedly.

For Wendy, what happened at this summit was because of her father and Miyeon's stupidity.

So why should she sacrifice her happiness due to their stupidity?

No matter how much her family would hate it, she was definitely going to get married to Jackson.

Especially now that Jackson had approved of their marriage himself, Wendy would never back down.

Thinking about Jackson's approval made Wendy beam with happiness. She then glanced at the diamond ring on her finger before gulping down the red wine..

She was currently at one of the bars in the hotel, trying to calm her agitated nerves.

"Nice ring." Wendy immediately turned to look at the speaker.

Seeing that it was a very good-looking man, Wendy immediately nodded, giving him a smile.

When her eyes met his, she was left speechless and stunned..

Gray orbs.

"Engagement ring?" The man asked before taking the seat next to hers.

"Yes," she answered while she still kept staring at the stranger next to her.

The man was somewhat around her age, taller than six foot with really broad shoulders. But what attracted her the most were the man's gray eyes.

The longer Wendy stared at the man, the more she could see Jackson's face.

Why did it seem like this man looked like Jackson?

"Do I know you from somewhere?" she asked.

"I don't think so. If I have, I would probably never forget a face as beautiful as yours." the man answered before asking the bartender for a scotch on the rocks.

Wendy bashfully lowered her head upon hearing the man's words. She might be in her forties but Wendy still looked like she was in her early thirties. So it was only reasonable for someone to praise her beauty.

"Do you want another one?" the man asked her.

"Sure," she said. She was supposed to leave this bar after one drink but seeing the intense gaze of that stranger's gray eyes made her change her mind.

"So... why would someone as stunning as you spend her afternoon in a bar alone?"

"I... " Wendy stuttered, contemplating whether she should really tell the truth to a stranger she had just met.