Chapter 130

***

Chaeyoung was falling.

She was falling in a deep void. A dark abyss that is numbing her soul, consuming everything within her. Leaving her with nothing but desolation.

She felt empty. She could see nothing but darkness.

Was she dead? She asked herself. Was she about to reincarnate again? Chaeyoung felt a small tear made its way into her cheek as the thought of abandoning Lisa in this lifetime crossed her mind.

Chaeyoung tried to feel her limbs. She tried to open her eyes while trying to fight the drowsiness that seemed to loom over her. Maybe she could even move her fingers for Lisa to see. Maybe she could warn her. Tell her that she is fighting. Tell her that she would not give up just like that.

Not when she already had Lisa. Not when she is already happy with someone that she loves.

Another tear made its way into her cheek when she remembered how she found out that she was pregnant just before she went to the Vercello's estate. She did not even notice that she was already delayed for weeks. All she noticed was the dizziness that surprised her after she had woken up.

Though being pregnant was something that Chaeyoung never even considered. She took a pregnancy test kit just to make herself at ease. She had problems with her uterus, and she was well aware that getting pregnant is not that easy for her. This was the reason why she did not use any protection when having intercourse with her wife.

She needed treatment and a specialist to help her with conception. Chaeyoung could only laugh at her nonsense assumption while waiting for the result. It would be impossible.

But then the results had proven her wrong.

She was more than two weeks delayed in her monthly menstruation and the results were as clear as the sun in a very hot day. She is pregnant!

Then her mind traveled through the time when she heard that Lisa was already dead. Chaeyoung got muddled by her anger and sadness that she actually wanted to die with her child.

What kind of mother was she? She did not only put herself into extreme danger, but she also attempted to kill her own child. She was selfish and brute. How could she even do that towards her own flesh and blood?

Another tear made its way into her cheeks. This time, it was followed by a stream of tears. She wanted to scream but her dry throat was aching.

Wait.

Dry throat?

Chaeyoung furrowed her brows and squeeze her eyes shut before she tried to open it, slowly. Then a blinding light assaulted her eyes, making her shut them once again. She blinked and closed her eyes again.

Blink.

Close.

Blink.

'Where is she?' Chaeyoung was about to say something when the pain in her throat started to throb. Making her clutched her neck.

She moved her head only to find out that she was alone. Then she heard the door opened and saw a nurse enter. Surprise immediately showed into the nurse's face when their eyes met.

"You-You're awake." The nurse muttered. "I… I will call the doctor first." Then she walked out of the room, almost stepping on her own foot in the process.

Chaeyoung was unaware that her waking up meant a lot towards the staff of the hospital. It had been five days since the operation and both Lisa and Mason had been bugging everyone about Chaeyoung. Though, this personnel understood their anxiety, both Lisa and Mason were so domineering, making everyone fear for their lives.