Chapter 90

***

"Answer me!" Chaeyoung demanded. "Why do I look like you?"

"Don't you think it's funny?"

Chaeyoung instantly frowned at his question. However, she chose not to answer.

"Imagine a father trying to kill his daughter," Henry said. "That would be too sad."

"Is that a confirmation?" she asked, wanting to squeeze out the truth from Henry. For some reason, she felt that Henry could give her the answer she needed.

"Why don't you guess?" he challenged. "I know you are smart. So give me your best guess."

Chaeyoung was deadpan at his words. She stared at the familiar features of the man in front of her, without her gray eyes and Claire's nose she would look exactly like him. There could only be one answer to her question, and that was-they are somehow related. No matter what the truth was, it had already been obvious that she was related to Henry.

Was that the reason Henry kidnapped her mother? Because they were in a relationship? So why did he hate Chaeyoung? If she was indeed his daughter, then why hate her to the point of attempting to kill her over and over again?

"No answer?" he smirked.

"Tell me the real purpose of your coming here," she asked. "I guess it's not just because of a story."

Henry dramatically touched his chin and smiled at her. "It seems that you got most of your attitude from your mother. Even the way you speak is the same. Must be the genes."

"So, back to my question. What do you think Rose would do, once she discovered that she should die?" he repeated his question. "Maybe she should just kill herself, right?"

"How about you? What do you think? Do you think Rose should die?" she asked him back.

"Of course! And just because of that I would rather personally kill Rose." He answered, without batting an eye. "I mean... she is nothing but a person who always brings chaos. She should die."

"If she just stayed low-key and did not attract the attention of two kingdoms, then there was a possibility that she would still survive and live a simple, happy life. But she did the opposite. Now, she should face the consequences of her actions," he added.

"Consequences that she did not even know..." she interjected. "So why should she face it when she did not even know about its existence?"

"You have a point... still, the two kingdoms have already been at war because of her. And her death is the only thing that could protect the people she loves from that war." Henry said before getting up.

Seeing this, Chaeyoung immediately got up and made a defensive stance.

"I already told you I won't kill you... now," he said, as he walked towards the door, "I want you to think it through. Think about my story... it will be useful in the future. For now, I will leave before your lover arrives."

Chaeyoung glared at Henry, the moment he mentioned Lisa. Did Lisa know that Henry was here? But how did Henry know about that?

"Remember Chaeyoung, consequences need to be faced... and some of that consequences stem from just being born in this world. Just like Rose, she was unaware that her whole life, but she still needed to face the truth. Sooner or later... she needed to kill herself." Henry said, moving his hands to open the door.