Chapter 55

**"

Chaeyoung leaned at the door while trying to compose herself.

She clenched her fists as she tried to calm her shaking hands.

Of course she would be shaking. It was the first time that she killed someone.

And she was somehow sure that it won't be the last.

Did she regret it?

She couldn't tell. Not until her raging nerves calmed down and let her think about it.

"Hey, are you alright?" She heard Laura's voice from her right.

She was currently at one of the Manoban Family villa's basement.

She bit her lips one last time before looking at her mother in law and giving her a smile. "Of course."

She should be. She should be alright. In fact, she should be elated, happy, satisfied.

That's right. She just killed the person who had hurt her grandfather and cousin. She should be celebrating.

"Let's go." Laura just stared at Chaeyoung before walking beside her. Chaeyoung was lying.

She knew that feeling. That was what she felt when she had killed for the first time.

The duo went to the patio of the villa, where Laura gave Chaeyoung a cup of tea.

"Lemon balm." Laura said as she took her seat across Chaeyoung. "It will make you relax."

Chaeyoung did not say anything before she unceremoniously gulped down the tea. "Thank you."

"Feeling any better?"

"Yeah... a lot better." Chaeyoung answered.

Another lie.

She did not feel any better. She actually felt worse.

Now, that she had the time to sit down and think about what she had done, Chaeyoung found it... unbelievable.

She just tortured and killed someone. A living human being with a beating heart!

She knew that she should feel repulsed. After all, she was a healthy human being with no psychotic tendencies.

But she was not. She felt worse, however she also felt as if a burst of laughter was building up from her belly. As if... she wanted to laugh so hard?

It seemed that killing didn't disgusted her. In fact, she actually quite liked it.

Chaeyoung shook her head and closed her eyes.

What was happening to her? Why had she felt so much... bloodlust?

Was she having some sort of psychotic breakdown?

That would be impossible, right?

She remembered someone told her before that psychosis was in the genes. It was inherited and was being passed down to family members.