Chapter 15

***

On the other side of the city.

Sunmi and Jacob are also busy scheming for Chaeyoung's party.

"Are you sure that this will work?" Sunmi asked hesitantly.

"Yes. Chaeyoung loves all her mother's possessions. I'm sure she will wear this necklace if I tell her that it's her mother's." Jacob explained.

"Just make sure to inform Yuri to act according to the plan. Just act pitiful and shed some tears. I'm sure the crowd will believe her." He added.

Sunmi nodded. Then she gives Jacob a very charming smile.

"Are you adamant on ruining the reputation of your first born? She is still your daughter after all." She said. A sudden flash of satisfaction can be seen in her eyes.

"What daughter? She does not even respect me at all. If we completely ruin her reputation, then the Manoban Family will stay away from her. " Jacob sneered. He had long loathed Chaeyoung's existence. He honestly felt like Chaeyoung stole everything from him.

"Then let's go all out. I will invite some media to sneakily enter the Wang's Estate as waiters." Sunmi grinned as the thought of Chaeyoung's fall is making her want to jump in ecstasy. "Let's see if she can still act tough and arrogant the next time she sees us."

...

To Chaeyoung's surprise, her father asked to see her hours before the start of her party. Jacob then gives her a gift. And just like in her previous life, it was a diamond necklace.

She didn't think that this scene would still happen in this lifetime. After all, Jacob already disowned her.

Then, suddenly her father asked for her forgiveness for his sudden outburst and his abrupt decision to disown her.

To be honest, Chaeyoung did not care about the disownment. But since her father asked for her forgiveness, she directly gives it to him. Of course, this forgiveness does not mean that everything is alright between them.

This forgiveness is just a sign that she really does not mind it at all. For Chaeyoung whatever Jacob do is irrelevant for her growth.

However, just like her previous life, Jacob asked her to wear the necklace. He then informed her that this necklace is her mother's and it will be very good to wear this on her 18th birthday.

Feeling suffocated by the same scene, Chaeyoung agreed.

Of course, she will not wear this necklace. She already know what will happen at the party. This time she will avoid what happened in her previous life and enjoy this birthday party.

...

The party will officially start at seven in the evening.

Some of the invited visitors started arriving as early as 5 pm. Her grandfather invited not just the elite families of the country. He also made sure to send an invitation to Chaeyoung's school mate. This includes the Headmistress, Eunwoo, Teacher Kim, and some other teachers. Even Yuri and Hyuna came.

Of course, Chaeyoung did not fail to invite Jennie and even Jungkook. At this moment, Jungkook is already considered as part of the Wang Group. This made the underground group stop targeting his back.