Chapter 4

***

Contrary to what she believed, she didn't die that night. She went home drenched with rainwater.

She almost laughed out loud when she saw her parents worried expression. She realized how much she loved them. She always thought that her death would be the answer to their sadness, but on that night she realized something. Something very important.

On that night she saw the stars at her darkest hour. She learned to live on, be brave and not fear what is yet to come.

She continued to live on and then asked someone to find her. The beautiful girl with sad gray eyes.

Months later, she finally saw her again. She watched her from afar and didn't dare approach her or introduced herself. She will soon die so what could be her reason in talking to her?

Instead, she just watched.

She watched her from the photos. Then watched her from the news. When she decided to be an actress, she became her number 1 fan. She watched her movies, her interviews and sadly her scandals.

She watched her ruin her life. She watched her get married to someone she barely knew and as her husband divorced her.

She was always there. Watching. Silently hurting every time she made a wrong decision. Silently crying when she saw her sad eyes.

She was always there looking at her.

Though deep inside she hoped that maybe...just maybe, one day she will look her way.

But of course, that didn't happen.

She was devastated one day when she received news of her death. She was driving drunk one night, lost control and crashed into a tree.

Her body was badly burned, even she couldn't recognize her. She blamed herself.

Maybe if she approached her, talked to her, be her friend...then maybe she wouldn't have become so broken. She couldn't take her death so she vowed to get revenge on the people who hurt her.

She ruined Chaeyoung's ex-husband and destroyed her paternal family. She even wrecked the career of her little sister. Yes! She was petty. But who cares?
Chaeyoung is dead. And she will soon die too.

She knows it. She felt it. The smell of death looming, coming, trying to caress her. She knew it wasn't her illness. Maybe it was the sadness from Chaeyoung's death or maybe it was the guilt slowly consuming her. Killing her.

Until her final days, she still couldn't fathom the fact that she didn't do something to save her. She just watched her. How could she let Chaeyoung ruin her own life? How could she not let Chaeyoung realize that someone like her was there for her?

So before she closed her eyes, just before she lost her breath, she vowed. She vowed to the heavens that in her next life, she will not let any moment pass without letting Chaeyoung know that she will always be there for her. In her next lifetime, she will save her. She will love Chaeyoung more than she will ever love herself.

It was a sleepless night for Chaeyoung.

She didn't know why she still couldn't sleep. She just kept on tossing and turning. She felt restless.