Chapter 77

***

Another thirty minutes had passed and the Auction was about to start.

At this point, Yuri was already losing her patience, so she decided to visit the mini bar and have a little drink.

Because of this, she missed Lisa and Chaeyoung's entrance.

Lisa was wearing a black three-piece suit that made her look more mature than her actual age. Her presence was so domineering that people failed to notice the woman beside her, who was wearing a black pantsuit that hugged her small waistline and long legs.

Many people started introducing themselves to Lisa and even congratulate her for her engagement with Chaeyoung Park. Unbeknownst to them, Chaeyoung was just standing a few feets away from Lisa, solemnly observing everyone.

Chaeyoung was not wearing anything to disguise herself except the black contact lenses that she had chosen to avoid attracting too much attention.

Tonight was Lisa's night.

Of course, some people also tried to conduct a conversation with Chaeyoung, after all, they found her somewhat familiar and very beautiful.

However, the current Chaeyoung had a different vibe than her usual pampered young miss aura. Her black eyes seemed to know everything behind the smiling facade that everyone gave to Lisa.

"Miss Manoban, I want you to meet my favorite actress Miss Yuri Park." An older man introduced Yuri to Lisa. This man was the current CEO of the agency that Yuri was in. However, he was unaware of Yuri's history with Lisa and Chaeyoung.

"Miss Manoban, I am very glad to see you again." Yuri said, her cheeks a little crimson from the little alcohol that she had before.

"Again? So you guys have already known each other before?" the CEO said before laughing. "Good... Good. This is a very happy occasion. How about we make a toast for this meeting?" he said as he offered Lisa a glass of wine.

A devious glint flashed in Yuri's eyes as she saw Lisa accepting the glass without saying anything. She watched as Lisa looked at her as if she was not able to recognize her. Was it possible that she had forgotten about her? Impossible, right?

Lisa made a toast toward the CEO before taking a sip. Then she turned to Yuri again and wondered what was the purpose of this woman's appearance. Could it be related to Henry Lee?

Seeing that Lisa was staring at her, Yuri gave her a very dazzling smile. "I wonder if CEO Manoban still remembers me?" she asked, her voice clear and devoid of any coquettish tone.

"No." Lisa's short answer almost made Yuri and her CEO choke on their drinks. She did not remember?!

"I don't remember insignificant people." Lisa's bluntness made Yuri grit her teeth, trying to compose herself.

"CEO Manoban must be kidding. I am Chaeyoung's younger sister," she answered.

"Hmmm," Lisa just nodded without acknowledging her. This made the entire conversation awkward.

"Hehe... CEO Manoban, you are such a sweetheart. How can you forget someone as beautiful as Yuri?" the wife of the CEO thought out loud. "You don't have to be embarrassed about it. Anyway, Miss Park Chaeyoung is not here. We can always keep a secret." she added with a wink. With her words, Yuri immediately faked a blush, sending side glances at Lisa.