Chapter 114

***

"Oh... we had to bring her to the hospital inside the palace. Lisa had received a bullet wound…"

"Bring me to her." She interrupted him.

"Miss Park... Your wound…" he was about to tell her that she needed a doctor to check her first before going to Lisa. However, the dark look on her face instantly made him swallow his remaining words.

"I will accompany you." He immediately added before giving some more instructions to his men. He then led Chaeyoung out of the bunker and into the hallway, which led to the hospital inside the palace.

"Miss Park, if… if it's not too much for you, can you tell me about what has happened inside the bunker?"

Chaeyoung's steps did not even falter as she answered him, "I don't know. I lost my consciousness after Henry Lee revealed himself."

Secretary Jia turned silent at Chaeyoung's blatant lies. Since she refused to tell him the truth, he was not planning to question her any further.

"Miss Park… um, the recording that your drone has got... Can we um have a look at it?" He asked, silently hoping that she would agree.

"No." Chaeyoung rejected. Though she wanted to tell him how she did not want to become a Queen, Chaeyoung chose not to. It was just because she wanted everything to calm down first before she made her move.

She was sure that Gideon's death would have a big effect on the country. Moreover, it would also mean that her father would have nowhere to come back to. He could no longer be the King of the country.

Aside from that, Chaeyoung did not want to attract any more attention. The current troubles, she and her mother were in, were enough for her to make that decision. Claire's case was, after all, very unique. Someone should still be after her because of what she knew.

"Did you see the first two people who went out of the bunker?" She asked. She needed to guarantee the safety of her mother.

"Yes… CEO Manoban asked her men to take them to her mansion before she insisted on staying, even though she was very pale from the blood loss," he explained. "She also specifically told me that in case if she fainted, she wanted to stay in the hospital inside the palace"

"Lisa has fainted?" She probed, as her heartbeat started racing once again. So, the Lee Family had really dared to hurt Lisa. She had originally thought that they just wanted to scare Lisa and let Chaeyoung think that they could easily kill her if they wanted to.

"Yes. The… the doctor said she has lost a lot of blood and the wound on her shoulder was also deep." He answered while trying to carefully choose his words. Chaeyoung's murderous aura was undeniable. He would be lying if he said that her thirst for blood was not making him tremble. It was something that Secretary Jia was very familiar with.

Sometimes, the King was displaying the kind of bloodlust that was quite similar to Chaeyoung's at the moment. The more he looked at Chaeyoung, the more he noticed her attitude similarities with the King. Too bad that the father and daughter did not spend a lot of time with each other. What happened to Gideon was something unexpected, this should have a very deep effect on Chaeyoung.

In Secretary Jia's eyes, Chaeyoung was very pitiful, after all, she had already lost her mother at a very young age, now, she even lost her father whom she just met. Moreover, her fiancée was also wounded.

Poor child.

Of course, Secretary Jia did not have any idea that the person he was comparing Chaeyoung with was not Gideon but the real Mason.