Chapter 122

***

The entertainment continued as Lisa and Chaeyoung started talking to the guests. Since Lisa was like the new god of diamonds in their Country, many people from influential backgrounds started to engage topics mostly about business.

However, what attracted Chaeyoung's attention was focused on someone who looks exactly like Wang Bolin. She remembered that Wang Bolin came from the Ye family from Germany. This man should be the current patriarch of the Ye Family, Wang Bolin's brother.

"Miss Park, I am so glad to finally meet you." Chaeyoung's attention turned towards the person who approached her. She just excuse herself to get a refill of her sparkling wine and is currently away from Lisa right now.

Her gaze turned dark when she noticed that the one who approached her was no other than Peter Pardi.

"Mr. Pardi." she smiled at him. "I am glad to meet you as well."

"Really?" he raised an eyebrow. For some reason, Chaeyoung does not like the vibe that Peter Pardi carries. However, she still pretended not to be affected by his deathly aura.

"Of course not." She answered, surprising Peter Pardi. Seeing his smiling face shift, Chaeyoung was about to say that she was only joking when the latter suddenly burst into laughter. His eyes turned crescent as he clutched his stomach as if trying to suppress his laughter.

Now that Chaeyoung looked at this person, she could see that this man was indeed handsome just like what the rumor said. His deep blue eyes instantly caught Chaeyoung's attention as it was almost similar to Antonio Pardi's eyes. Anyone could clearly tell that they were related.

"How amusing," she heard him say. "You are indeed different. This is the reason why I like you."

Chaeyoung deadpanned at his words. What is this man doing? She was about to retort when she noticed another person approached them, this time it was Peter's wife. Mia Pardi.

"Miss Park… " Mia beamed at her with her chin pointed, her eyes sparkled full of malice. Chaeyoung only raised an eyebrow before nodding at her. With Mia's chin pointed to high, Chaeyoung instantly felt the urge to laugh out loud. She couldn't help but wondered if this Mia is trying to intimidate her or make her laugh.

Maybe she was pretending to be a clown?

With this in mind, Chaeyoung smiled at Mia, mockery apparent in her eyes. "Mrs. Pardi… I hope you guys are enjoying Lisa's birthday."

"Oh, we are… and we will." Mia's words and gaze held some meaning but Chaeyoung chose to ignore it.

"I'm glad to know that. I would really love for everyone to keep their smiles until the end of the party." Chaeyoung said.

"Miss Park is too kind. It was obvious that you took a lot of time preparing for this party. I'm sure everyone will enjoy it until the end of the night." Mia said, she wanted to add that everyone would enjoy this party except the Moon Empire but chose not to.

Mia then glanced at the time and gave Chaeyoung an even more dazzling smile. In less than a minute, her and her maternal grandfather's men will enter the Moon Empire's underground storage facilities and will rob them of their diamonds. Too bad Chaeyoung and Lisa won't even finish this night without their empire crumbling in front of them.

What she did not know was that Chaeyoung was also thinking of the same thing. "Oh, look at that, it's time!" she said, her gaze never leaving Mia's. This gesture was something that made Peter Pardi uncomfortable.

"What is it?" he asked, wondering if Chaeyoung is aware of his wife's plans. However, this would be impossible, right?

"Oh. I was talking about the band. It's one of my favorite. They will start performing in less than a minute."