Chapter 72

***

"What happened?" Lisa asked when Chaeyoung went inside the car.

"She knew. She knew about you rescuing your uncle. She..."

"Calm down... Hey. Calm down..." Lisa patted her, when she sensed Chaeyoung's unusual vibe.

"Lis she knows... someone is using her to create trouble for us... that woman knows something. She knows something that I don't know." Chaeyoung blurted. She can't calm her nerves. Talking to Minnie seemed to make her more confuse.

"Yes. She might know that we are planning to rescue her father. Her mother already went to the police saying she did it. She poisoned her son and husband because she hated them."

"What?" Chaeyoung wanted to say that she is talking about a different thing. But another realization hit her before she could utter another word.

"She also said that she was the one who tried to poison me when I was fifteen." Lisa continued.

"She's leaving." Chaeyoung said as she clenched her teeth. Minnie is going to leave the country.

"What do you mean?"

"She will leave. We need to stop her. Call all your contacts she might have scheduled a flight ahead of time."

Lisa did not say anything, instead, she immediately dialed her phone and called some people to check about Minnie.

Chaeyoung on the other hand, can't seem to shake the thought that Minnie knows something that she does not know. What could it be?

She thought about Minnie's words and tried to reply it over and over in her mind. Chaeyoung wanted to know if she missed something. Something important.

Enemy. Minnie said she was not the enemy. So who is?

What if this was another trick? Another scheme to make her confused?

Damn, Chaeyoung thought. It seemed that Minnie succeeded in making her confuse. She was now having seconds thoughts about everything. Making her think about every possible scenario.

Or maybe she was just over thinking? Is her instincts wrong this time?

Chaeyoung frowned when she remembered Minnie mentioned her mother and father. Does she know something that Chaeyoung missed?

Was is just a casual question with no meaning whatsoever?

The thought of her mother made Chaeyoung's heart uneasy. Somehow, Minnie's words made had given her doubts that she didn't know something. What could be wrong?

Her mother was already dead, so she should not feel something stirring inside her when someone mentions her mother's name.

Chaeyoung looked outside the car as she reminisce about her mother

Claire was a very smart woman. She remembered her mother loved art and music. She also loved to read and write at least five different languages.

Wait…

Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes.

How did she know five languages when she was just studying art and music abroad?