Chapter 73

***

Japan.

Known for its beauty and diversity.

One of the richest countries in the world.

One of the busiest and most expensive places that anyone could reside in.

Home to the world's most prominent business empires.

Home to Manoban Conglomerate's main office.

The moment Lisa and Chaeyoung landed, they immediately rushed to the hospital to see Laura and Marco

"Mother," Chaeyoung said when she saw Laura sitting in a daze outside the ICU.

Seeing her daughter and Chaeyoung did not change Laura's expression. Her face was still blank, devoid of any expression, her usual lively vibe gone.

"The doctor said he got a concussion when some debris hit his head," Laura said when Chaeyoung and Lisa were close enough to hear her words. "He protected me when the explosion happened that's why he got the brunt."

Chaeyoung could feel the sadness in Laura's voice, but her expression was not showing this.

The current Madam had some bandages wrapped around her head and arms. Aside from this, she seemed to be completely fine.

Chaeyoung decided to take a seat next to her and slowly put her hands on top of Laura's hands before slowly squeezing them. No words were said between the two, but the impact of Chaeyoung's action made its way to Laura's eyes.

Laura looked at Chaeyoung before looking at Lisa. Her daughter was just staring at her, her jaws clenched and her hair slightly ruffled.

"He must be tired from the flight," Laura thought. She could see the intensity of Lisa's gaze. She knew that her daughter was angry this time, the exact opposite of the calm Chaeyoung who was still holding her hands.

Laura lowered her head as her eyes began to water. As a strong, independent woman, Laura couldn't remember the last time that she had felt this kind of sadness. However, seeing Chaeyoung and Lisa also made her feel relieved, and somehow happy.

"Mother, you should go home and change your clothes," Lisa said before silently sitting next to her. Now, Laura was seated in between Chaeyoung and Lisa.

"I won't leave your father," she answered promptly.

"It's okay. Lis why don't you go ask someone to bring some clothes for Mother?" Chaeyoung said while sending a glance at Lisa. "Don't worry Mother, we will find out who did this."

Chaeyoung's words earned another nod from Laura before she closed her eyes in exhaustion.

Seeing Laura's tired face, Lisa pulled her mother into her embrace and let her lean on her arms.

This was going to be a very long night for everyone.

....

After making sure that Laura was comfortable enough, Lisa and Chaeyoung went to one of the Manoban Family's villas in one of the most private properties in the city to rest.