Chapter 54

***

Warning: Blood. Torture. Death. Skip if uncomfortable.

..

Wendy opened her eyes in a very dark place. She tried to move her arms but realized that she was strained with zip ties.

A musty scent of iron filled her nose. Blood?

Where exactly was she?

She closed her eyes and tried to recall the last thing that she could remember before passing out.

Running.

That's right. She was running.

She shot Chaeyoung and then ran.

Wendy shook her head while trying to clarify the events that happened at the party.

She remembered everything. How she made a scene out of herself and then she...

She shot Chaeyoung.

She trembled in fear as she tried to remember her unreasonable actions.

She struggled to sit up and compose herself. Where was she?

Then a sudden light assaulted her eyes. Wendy instantly closed her eyes.

"Glad to see you awake." She heard a familiar voice.

She reluctantly opened her eyes and looked at her surroundings.

She seemed to be inside an empty room. Then she looked at the person who just took a seat in front of her.

"You? You are not hurt?" She asked.

It was Chaeyoung. And she seemed to be unharmed.

The latter just stared at her. Her gaze serious. As if she was reading the depths of her soul.

"Wh...where am I? Why did you bring me here?" She asked.

"Even a rabbit will bite when it's cornered." Chaeyoung started. "Now, that saying does not apply to either of us."

"But for me it was the lesson that I learned because of you."

"Wh...What are you talking about? Let me go! I did not do anything to you!" Wendy yelled confused. What did Chaeyoung mean by her words?

"Even rabbit bites Miss Choi... I forgot about that. I forgot, that you still have the ability to bite me. I shouldn't have given you the opportunity to do that."

"What are you talking about?" She asked. Why did it seem like Chaeyoung was angry at her?  "What are you angry about? You are unscratched. You should not treat me this way. I am still the future matriarch of the Wang Family."

"What a fool!." Chaeyoung said shortly, before she signaled someone to tie Wendy to a chair.

"Hey... let go! What are you doing! What are you going to do to me?" Wendy asked struggling. But the two men were too strong for her. "What are you going to do?"