Chapter 69

***

Leo left the Manoban Mansion with a sullen expression, of course, it was partly to show everyone that he had been mistreated.

Although, he still refused to give an interview, everyone could see that he was mad.

Therefore, the media instantly released another article about how Leo Manoban was mistreated by Lisa and Chaeyoung, as well as the whole Manoban Family.

Because of this, the opinion of the masses became more biased. They started throwing foul-mouthed accusations towards Lisa and Chaeyoung.

"Father just called, asking about our further actions. I told him that we already have a plan." Lisa said before lying beside Chaeyoung.

"I'm planning to meet Minnie." Chaeyoung blurted out while staring at the ceiling. She was currently thinking about the things that had happened.

"Do you want me to accompany you?"

"No. I can do it alone. Minnie hates you and the Manoban Family," she answered before turning towards Lisa, "After this, I want to buy a house, away from the city. Like a fortress, away from all these stressful situations. What do you think?"

"Hmmm... then I'm sure you will like my gift."

"What is it? A house?"

Lisa gave her a cheeky grin, "No, but you will know soon. Let's solve this matter first. I am getting tired of these people, who constantly make troubles for us." Lisa wanted to add how she needed to finish this, so she could delve in information about Chaeyoung's biological father, as well as her grandmother. She didn't want Chaeyoung to know all of this, she just wanted to keep her safe.

Lisa let out a sigh while thinking about how would the truth affect Chaeyoung. Would she be happy that Jacob Park wasn't her real father?

Moreover, Lisa wanted to know why she was unable to find anything about Chaeyoung's background in her previous life. Was it possible that Chaeyoung triggered their interest due to her talents?

How about her biological father? Was he even aware of Chaeyoung's existence?

Lisa still needed to clarify lots of things.

Apparently, it would take a long time before both of them could live peacefully in their own fortress.

...

Meanwhile, Minnie tiptoed towards the door of her mother's room after making sure that her mother was sleeping.

She made sure not to disturb her mother as she closed the door behind her and made her way into her own room.

The moment she entered her own room, her demeanor changed. Her gaze became sharp as she opened her laptop on her bed.

She picked up her phone and dialed a number. "Is everything prepared?"

"Yes." she heard the answer.

"Good. I want you to do this tomorrow. Make sure that he is dead."

"Got it. How about your brother? Is he still alive after drinking the poison?"

"Are you concerned about his well being?" she asked before chuckling. "He is still alive. We can still use him, for now."