Chapter 123

***

A sudden gushed of coldness made Mia shiver after she heard her grandfather's words. She shut her eyes and tightened her hands around her phone, trying to stop herself from breaking down. Her greatest fear came true!

Chaeyoung indeed created a trap for them. She lost thirty of her men and twenty from her grandfather's. She abruptly ended the call, not waiting for his grandfather to say anything else.

Sensing her mood, Peter wrapped his arms around Mia's waist. "What's wrong?"

Mia opened her eyes and look at the man beside her. "That damn woman killed my men."

Peter instantly feigned surprised and narrowed his eyes. He was already expecting this. Chaeyoung is surely cunning to lure both Mia and Nico into this trap.

However, what they did not know was that this was not the end of Chaeyoung's plan. She wanted to establish some authority in the country. She needed to do something that will cause an uproar in the underworld. After all, low-key was never her style.

"How did you know this?" Peter asked, pretending to show concern over his wife's sullen state. He was already wondering about the possibility of Chaeyoung counter-attacking. Is that even possible? Will she have the guts to do this?

"Grandfather told me. He had lost contact of all the men that we sent on their two facilities." Mia answered, her voice low. However, this did not mask the anger in her tone. "I will kill that woman." She hissed then gritted her teeth as her eyes roamed around the people nearby, hoping to get a glimpse of Chaeyoung.

....

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was smiling her way towards Lisa and Mr. Petrov. She was already expecting Mr. Petrov to tell her that he was her father.

She made her way towards the second floor of the venue, excitement was showing in her eyes. However, before she could go to the room which has Lisa and Mr. Petrov, she was intercepted by another bug... Nico Ruiz.

"Bitch." Nico hissed after grabbing her arms. His eyes were red as rigid cords of veins were showing in his temples. "Remember this… I will not stop until I kill you. You and your woman will die by my hands."

"Mr. Ruiz… those were nothing but appetizers and you are already acting this way." Chaeyoung smiled before tugging her own arm, prompting Nico to let go. "I can't imagine the things that you would do once you have a taste of the main course."

He squinted his eyes at Chaeyoung's words. Does this mean that she is planning to retaliate for what he did? "You are too full of yourself Miss Park. You think becoming my enemy is a good thing?"

"And trying to rob me was… good thing?" Chaeyoung countered. "Mr. Ruiz… you should have known what kind of person I am. I won't touch you. As long as you stay away from me. But… you made the wrong choice."

"Then I will wait for the time when you finally have the guts to fight against me and my family." He scoffed. "For now remember to watch over your back."

"Two things." She said, leaning her head towards the old man in front of her. "First, you don't have to wait. It is happening as we speak. Second, it is you who should watch your back and not me. After tonight, you will be worthless. What do you think the Vercello's will do if that happens?"

Seeing a change in the old man's expression, Chaeyoung added. "That's right. They will leave you and your granddaughter in the pits of hell." When she saw Nico's face shifted into an ugly scowl Chaeyoung give him a smirk before leaving. Her goal for tonight is to find her father and have his support. Mia Pardi and Nico Ruiz' are just small matters compared to her true goal.