Chapter 14

***

The Country's National Exam is a nine-hour exam that will last for two days.

This is one of the most anticipated examinations that will be held annually. This exam is a prerequisite for all higher educational institutions in the country. Because of this, immense pressure had become a piece of baggage for both students and teachers alike.

The pressure surrounding this national exam is even enough to make a student commit suicide or fall into depression.

For Chaeyoung, this exam is not that hard. Aside from the fact that she has extremely high IQ, she also remembers some of the questions from her previous life.

That's why Chaeyoung is so confident to make a bet with Lisa. Although she did not attend most reviews and practice exams at her school, Chaeyoung is still confident that she will finish this exam with ease.

Of course, fate is a very funny thing. Contrary to Chaeyoung's expectations, most questions had been changed. Still, she was able to finish the exam easily. However, her confidence to beat Lisa decreased by ten percent.

After the last day of the exams, Chaeyoung immediately went home to take a rest. She is not feeling well. Both her hard work and stress had taken its toll on her body.

Chaeyoung immediately lay on her bed as her head started to hurt. For some reason, she felt like someone smashed something hard onto her brain. Shooting pain started to stab through her arms and legs as she started coughing. She then pulled the blankets closer to her neck.

'She must be really sick.' She thought before falling into a deep slumber.

....

After the exams, Lisa decided to visit Chaeyoung in the Wang Mansion. She couldn't hide her excitement. This is of course because of her bet with her beloved. This is going to be her biggest chance of making Chaeyoung say yes.

For Lisa, a lifetime is not even enough to prove to Chaeyoung that she is sincere. And that her feelings are true. She can always do that after Chaeyoung becomes her girl. And even double her efforts after they got married.

The thought of marrying her made Lisa more and more enthusiastic. She asked Jin to buy some tulips for Chaeyoung so she can give it to her. She even bought some of her favorite sweets.

When she arrived at the Wang Estate both Grandpa Wang and Jackson was still not around. Even Taehyung is currently not in the estate. She asked one of the maids to tell Chaeyoung that she is here to visit. However, the maid informed her that Chaeyoung is not answering her door.

This made Lisa a little worried. She knows that Chaeyoung had been working so hard these past few days. She immediately asked the maid to guide her to Chaeyoung's room.

This is the first time that Lisa will enter someone's bedroom, so she is a little nervous. She decided to take some time before knocking at the door.

After a few knocks, there is still no answer from Chaeyoung. She immediately asked the maid to bring the master key, so they can open the door and check on her.

When the door opened, Lisa hastily entered the room and checked her bed. There, she saw the pale Chaeyoung wrapped in a thick blanket. She furrowed her brows trying to calm her worried heart.