Chapter 81

***

The room was engulfed in a heavy silence, thicker than the tension in the atmosphere.

Taehyung's eyes unceremoniously glanced around and he fixed his gaze on the uneasy Minnie. Meanwhile, Minnie was just staring at Chaeyoung, waiting for her to speak up.

Chaeyoung had her legs crossed and was tapping at the table in front of her, her eyes squinting at Minnie. A habit that she did when she was in a deep thought.

"Tell me..." she began. Chaeyoung's gaze was cold, freezing, she tried to keep it light are futile. "From the start."

Minnie took a deep breath at Chaeyoung's words. "It was Henry. He was the one, who approached me years ago. He told me that he can give me the revenge that I have wanted against the Manoban Family. In return..."

"What?" she asked, impatience lacing her voice.

"In return, he wanted me to cause chaos to the Manoban Family and attempt to turn the board members against the Manoban Family: against Marco and Lisa to be exact."

"Why would he do that?"

"How should I know? I only met him thrice." he shrugged. "Okay, maybe four times. Still... he never said anything and I did not ask."

Chaeyoung just stared at him before she gestured him to continue.

"So, I um... I got close to Taehyung and... Ummm... nothing has really happened man. I was just ... you know. You are not my type." he said awkwardly at Taehyung. "Okay, that's not the point. So, I wanted you to know about my existence, so I deliberately let you hear my conversation at Taehyung's office," he said.

"Then, I contacted someone to cause chaos inside your company..."

"Who told you that I own Moon Corp?"

"Henry Lee. He arranged everything, including Lisa's secretary." he answered.

"So why... did you leave some traces? Why have you let me find you?"

"I don't know." he shrugged.

"I don't believe you."

"That's the truth," he said.

Chaeyoung glared at Minnie. However, before she could say anything, Wang Bolin went inside the room,

"Was it Henry?" she immediately asked, her gaze never leaving Minnie. Although Minnie fought with them, Chaeyoung still did not trust him.

Minnie was the type of person, who was capable of hurting his own family. Though his grudge runed deep, Chaeyoung was still not comfortable with trusting him.

And Chaeyoung wanted to play it safe. She would rather be wary of him now and regret for trusting him later, than trust him now.

"Yes, They said Henry Lee wanted the USB" Wang Bolin answered directly.

"Why does he want the USB?" she asked Minnie.

"I wanted to get it first instead of Henry."

"Why?"

"I wanted to know what does he want from the Manoban Conglomerate," he answered. "He obviously wanted to cause chaos and confusion. Divide and conquer. But, I still don't know why. I don't know why he hates Lisa and her family."

Chaeyoung did not respond to Minnie's words. Now, she was curious about the contents of this USB. Yet, she could only wait for Lisa to tell her everything. She let out a long sigh as her mind started wandering around.

Henry... Henry Lee... what did he want from the Manoban Family? Why did he hate Chaeyoung and Lisa?

"One more thing," Chaeyoung gave her focus back to Minnie. "Why are you trying to act against him now? What happened? Did he tried to kill you?"