Chapter 16

***

The commotion caused by both Hyuna and Yuri is not enough to stop Chaeyoung's birthday party.

Although some of the guests decided to leave because of guilt and shame, the majority still chose to stay. After all, both Wang Guiren and Lisa Manoban can be considered big names in the business industry.

Chaeyoung decided to continue the party because of two reasons. First, she does not want to embarrass her grandfather. Second, she wanted to prove to everyone that she had the ability to handle unexpected situations like this.

This will help her establish a reputation for her future endeavors.

Chaeyoung is currently enjoying herself. She is laughing while talking to her possible shareholders.

Although she disliked most of them, Chaeyoung decided that it is essential to building some connections for the Wang Group.

Her grandfather originally wanted her to be the future CEO, but she refused to accept this arrangement.

It's not that she does not want to be a CEO. It's just she wanted to become one by her own hard work.

After some presentations, Chaeyoung played the piano for everyone. Because of this, the environment turns joyful for the better.

However, it did not last long.

An attendant showed up to inform them than Sunmi and Jacob is asking to see her and her Grandfather. Of course, Chaeyoung refused to see them.

After what happened tonight, she understood that both Sunmi and Jacob are full of schemes and evil intentions. The events that transpired tonight sealed both of the fates in Chaeyoung's.

Chaeyoung was intentionally planning not to involve her father in her revenge. After all, she thought that only Sunmi wanted to harm her. However, her father unexpectedly is as scheming and evil as Sunmi.

Now, you might ask why she is so certain on having her revenge against Sunmi? That's because 2 days ago, Taehyung informed her that he had a breakthrough and was able to trace the identity of the person helping Sunmi.

When Chaeyoung heard of that person's name, she was taken aback. The person is known not just in the country as a business tycoon. He is also known to have connections underground. This person is undeniably a very hard enemy to deal with. But Chaeyoung was already making preparations in dealing with Sunmi's accomplice for hurting her and possibly her mother's murder.

Though Chaeyoung can't help but wonder why Sunmi is acquainted with someone like him. She also wondered why Sunmi was sending some sort of a payment to the man monthly.

"Hey, are you alright?" Lisa suddenly interrupted her thoughts.

"Hmmm," Chaeyoung nodded. Since Lisa arrived, she never once left her side.

Tonight, this woman truly surprised Chaeyoung. She found herself totally impressed by the young woman. From the sudden confession in front of everyone to Lisa's social skills. Everything is unexpected for Chaeyoung.

She always saw Lisa as someone peculiar and maybe a little on the weird side. But after tonight, she will have to reconsider her opinions of the woman next to her.