Chapter 31

***

Chaeyoung crossed her arms while staring at her grandfather.

"Spill it out, grandpa." She said after observing her grandfather's unusual behavior.

"How did you become this smart?" Wang Guiren awkwardly laughed before his face becomes serious again.

"There are a lot of things that you don't know about Tae's mother," he began. "Mina Choi might have come from the Choi Family but no one considered her a true lady of the Choi, not until she married your uncle."

"Your Aunt was bullied while growing up because her mother is only a lowly mistress from a normal household." Wang Guiren sighed. "But your aunt is a very kind woman, she never even told Jackson about this. Not even after they got married."

"However, she did not know that I already did a thorough investigation after Jackson introduced her to me."

"I did not tell your uncle about all this because I don't want him to do something to the Choi Family. At that time, our company wasn't this big."

"At that time, we didn't have the influence that we have now. Nor did we have the status to make an enemy out of the Choi Family."

"Anyway, after marrying your uncle, the Choi family immediately reached out to me and acknowledge her as part of their family."

Wang Guiren's face then became glum as he continued.  "Then your aunt died after giving birth to Taehyung. It was a very... very sad memory. The whole family mourned for her death."

"Your uncle was devastated. That man... Your uncle wouldn't even touch Taehyung because, for some reason, he blamed your cousin for his wife's death."

"To my surprise, after a few months, the Choi Family approached me again asking for another marriage. This time it was between your uncle and the Eldest daughter of the Choi Family. Wendy Choi."

Chaeyoung twitched her nose after her grandfather's statement. "A second marriage? Are they crazy? Why would they do that?"

"Well, at first the patriarch of the Choi Family said, it is because they pity Taehyung and Wendy wanted to take care of him."

"Then they said, Jackson is still young and he needed another wife to continue his legacy."

"This made me do some research and I found out that Wendy had been following Jackson around since college. However, Jackson did not recognize her because she changed her looks to look a little more like your aunt after his marriage."

"That woman is crazy." Chaeyoung stated. Who would have known that her uncle was involved into something like this when he was younger? "So, obviously no marriage happened. Is that why the Choi Family does not like us?"

"No. They don't hate us. But they also never stopped proposing for a marriage. Until now, that Wendy never got married and chose to live abroad five years ago in the pretense of moving on."

"However?" Chaeyoung wanted to know more. If this involves the Wang Family then she is also involved in this.

"However I don't believe that was the true reason behind her sudden decision to leave." Wang Guiren finished Chaeyoung's sentence.