Chapter 85

***

The venue for the press conference had already been full, thirty minutes before the scheduled time.

From reporters to Yuri's fans, everyone was waiting for a great show.

When Yuri and the impostor Chaeyoung arrived, everyone couldn't help but cheer silently. They couldn't wait to know what would happen after this. Would Lisa Manoban issue another statement? Would she forgive Chaeyoung? How about their engagement?

According to some rumors, floating around just this morning, the board of directors had forcefully kicked Chaeyoung out of her own company because of her actions. Because of this, everyone was anticipating 'Chaeyoung's' response. Would she create another drama? Would she threaten to kill herself again?

Everyone was clearly waiting for some drama and entertainment.

"Everyone, thank you so much for coming. As you all know, I and my sister Park Chaeyoung are here to beg for Miss Lisa Manoban's forgiveness." Yuri started before wiping a non-existent tear from her eyes. "Miss Lisa... my sister is... we have just discovered that she is pregnant with your child, and I beg you to forgive her." This time Yuri got up from her seat and made a low bow towards the camera. She wanted everyone to see how apologetic she was.

Beside her, Miyeon or 'Chaeyoung' had already been crying her heart out. She took her big shades off to show her swollen eyes to everyone before saying, "Lisa... I have made a mistake. But this child is yours and... and I cannot... You cannot just abandon us like this." she sobbed, as Yuri slowly patted her back.

"My sister's pregnancy is currently in a critical state... Lisa for the sake of the baby, please forgive her."  Yuri said, her expression grave. "My sister is just a human. Why can't you forgive someone so vulnerable like her?"

"Yuri..." a stern voice interrupted, attracting everyone's attention. It was a woman, who looked like in her early twenties, with short, pixie hair. When people saw her wearing an identification card for one of the most prominent evening news, they immediately turned their attention back to Yuri, while waiting for the woman to ask her questions.

"You said that Miss Park Chaeyoung is pregnant, can you give us a proof?" she asked, earning some nods from everyone. That's right, they had just proclaimed that Chaeyoung was pregnant and cried without any proof.

"You are right... My apologies for not giving everyone the proof first."  Yuri gestured her manager to give some documents to the reporters. "Don't worry I will personally send everyone a copy of this document, as well as the other evidence that we have."

The girl with the pixie hair nodded. "How about CEO Manoban's claim that the one in the video is not Chaeyoung Park? What can you say about that?"

"It was me! I have already acknowledged that fact! It was me, and no one other than me should be blamed for my actions." this time it was Miyeon who answered, almost shouting to the woman.

"But CEO Manoban clearly said that Miss Chaeyoung is left-handed. You are clearly right handed. What can you say about this?" again the woman's question earned some nods. The woman was just focusing on CEO Manoban's words. There was nothing wrong with asking Yuri and Miyeon about it.

However, Yuri and Miyeon were already boiling inside because of the woman's question. "As I said, the one in the video is me." Miyeon said. "It is me and I admit my mistakes."