Chapter 47

***

After Chaeyoung signed the document, Miyeon triumphantly returned to her seat.

She had stopped looking at the screen for quite some time now. All she was doing was occasionally looking at the audience while making sure to give everyone a smile.

She did not feel the need to continue watching this useless competition anymore as she was certain of her victory.

She took another look at the crowd and beamed when she saw her father and grandfather approaching the stage.

She walked towards them. "Grandfather, Father... I'm glad you could make it. I was just about to call you again. Look I made a..."

"We heard about what you did." Grandfather Choi cut off Miyeon's words.

"Are you crazy? We already told you about this. I told you not to do something against Chaeyoung. Not until we can make new plans!" Daniel hissed, trying his best not to let anyone else hear their conversation.

They were back at the drawing board right now and were trying to come up with a new plan to possibly counter Chaeyoung's schemes.

Now his daughter was so stupid as to even make a bet against her. Hadn't Miyeon learnt her lesson by now?

She had been constantly losing against Chaeyoung. How could she still think that she could defeat that woman?

Was his daughter truly this stupid?

"Father, what are you talking about? Can't you see? I am winning. That virus will be with us soon. You should be really proud of me, you know." She pouted. How come her father was still chastising her even though she did something that could benefit them?

"Winning? Are you sure about that?" Grandfather Choi asked looking towards the screen. He may not be an expert like Miyeon, but he still had some knowledge when it came to coding algorithms.

However, just like Miyeon, he was not familiar with the code that was running on Chaeyoung's computer. For him, this scene was completely foreign.

"Of course grandpa. Look at that... does that look like anything close to my algorithms? I mean... You've seen it right?"

Grandfather Choi nodded and started to analyze things. Then he furrowed his brows as a realization hit him.

No. Chaeyoung is not so stupid as to bet something as important as this. She would not do something that she is unsure of.

So, if she is not so stupid as to make this bet then...

"Miyeon... can you tell me more about this bet?" He inquired. The old man could not help but suspect about Chaeyoung's true goal in making this bet.

"Oh... If she wins then we will give her five percent shares of our company... If I win..."

"What did you say?" Old Man Choi wanted to clarify Miyeon's words. After all, Chaeyoung wouldn't have wanted some shares right?

"Shares grandfather! She wanted to have five percent of our shares under her name."  Miyeon's words seemed to echo in Old Man Choi's ear as his heart started to race.