Chapter 34

***

Chaeyoung keep on pacing back and forth on the hallway of the emergency room like a caged tiger.

It had been thirty minutes since her grandfather was sent to the ER and there is still no news from the doctor.

Chaeyoung can't help but cursed inwardly. She always thought that her grandfather was as healthy as a horse. How come he would have something like this all of a sudden?

She can't help but worry too much. Since she is not aware of her grandfather's health problems then she was not able to stop it.

She could have stopped this. She should have.

Chaeyoung started to think about her grandfather's words and actions as her guilt is starting to render her from moving.

She just stood at the front of the emergency room. Watching the still closed door.

Was it a heart attack?

Maybe too much stress?

Chaeyoung gritted her teeth as she thought that this could be because of the Choi Family's threats!

Right! How could she forget about those evil people? Her anxiety must have taken its toll on her.

Chaeyoung then type some numbers into her phone and give it to the dazed Taehyung.

"Transfer five million dollar to this account as soon as possible." She said. Chaeyoung planned to use this money to bet the Choi Family against their own game!

Since the Choi Family is this ruthless then she will not hold back. This time Chaeyoung wondered what she will do if something bad happened to her grandfather.

Would she kill them? Would she have the guts to pull the trigger?

Chaeyoung might have been scheming and stupid in her past life, but she never experienced killing anyone.

All those words of scraping skins and dissolving flesh are her way of threatening her enemies.

She wondered if she will have the courage to do that to someone who did something sinister to her family.

Taehyung looked at Chaeyoung before he opened his phone and did what Chaeyoung told him to do.

No questions asked. Or rather, he was too confused to ask some questions.

First, Taehyung just heard that his father will marry the one who killed his mother. Then he witnessed his grandfather having a heart attack in his arms.

For someone like the kind-hearted and somewhat childish Taehyung, these events can easily give him some trauma.

...

Chaeyoung immediately receive the money in her bank account after a few minutes. She then pats her cousin's back and proceeded to sit beside him.

She was about to call Jungkook when suddenly the door of the emergency room opened and a young man in his twenties walk out of the room.