Chapter 128

***

A clap of thunder seemed to struck Lisa when she heard Chaeyoung's words. Baby? They are having a baby?

Lisa held Chaeyoung tighter, her eye wide with fear. "No!" Lisa thought out loud when a loud explosion was heard and she saw Chaeyoung closed her eyes. "No! Rosie! Don't- Rosie!"

Lisa froze. Her brain was telling- shouting at her to move, run, find a cover. Yet, her body has remained frozen. Memories of her past life flow inside her mind, making her pale. Lisa remembered as she watched Chaeyoung's lifeless body in the morgue. Lisa remembered as she shook her, trying to wake her up.

Her hands trembled as her eyes began to water. Her bloodied hand reached out to her pale cheeks. "No… you promised me!" Lisa yelled, anger and fear laced her voice. Lisa cannot lose her. Not again. "You promise not to leave me again!"

"Lisa!"

"Lisa! Goddamn it! Look at me!"

The angry shouts of Mason woke her up from her stupor. Her blank eyes met Mason's brown ones. "You are not a fucking statue! Go and save my daughter or I will kill you!"

Mason's harsh words, instantly made Lisa realized her current environment. The gunshots were long gun and some bodies were already lying lifelessly on the ground.

"Fuck! Go to the chopper I will skin you alive if my daughter won't sur…!" Mason's curses rained as Lisa made her way into the chopper. Leaving the furious man yelling at her.

Lisa does not remember how they arrived at the top hospital in the country. Lisa could not remember how long did it take her to travel from the Vercello's estate towards the hospital. Nor how much tears she shed while Chaeyoung was in her arms. Dying.

'Save the baby'

'Save the baby'

Chaeyoung's last words echoed inside her. She knew! She knew that she was pregnant! Yet, she went to the Vercello's estate and put herself in danger! All because she wanted to finish this and start a life with Lisa.

At this moment, Lisa was conflicted. Chaeyoung hid this from her because she knows that Lisa would never allow her to go to the Vercello estate if she knew she was carrying their child.

Right now, Lisa felt that she doesn't know anything at all. She doesn't know her plans, her countermeasures. As if… As if she doesn't know her wife at all.

All she knows was that Chaeyoung was fighting for her and their baby's life at the emergency room. While she… she was useless. Lisa was just outside of the emergency room, pacing, her hand's balled into a fist, her knuckles white. Lisa couldn't protect her. She couldn't protect their child.

"How is she?" Lisa turned her gaze towards the group of people who just arrived. It was Claire who was pushing Henry's wheelchair followed by Chanyeol with Mason and Wang Bolin.

"Why is he here?" Lisa ignored Claire's question. Henry's presence immediately worsened her current mood.

"How is she?" This time it was Mason. Actually, it was him who insisted to bring Henry with them. Last night, when he arrived from the party, he already met Claire. The reunion went well, however, his mood changed when Claire told him about Henry. Though his twin brother hated him, Mason still felt bad about everything that Henry went through because of him.