Chapter 32

***

"So, are you still planning to go back abroad?" This time, Chaeyoung asked Wendy.

She is very interested to know about this because of her uncle.

"No. I am planning to start helping my father with our company." Wendy immediately answered Chaeyoung while glancing at Jackson.

To be honest, all she cared about is Jackson's reaction. It had been so many years since his wife passed.

Jackson should be ready to open his heart to another woman. Right?

"That's very good. I hope you don't mind though, but I am really curious. Why are you still single?" Chaeyoung asked while looking as innocent as a harmless cat.  "I mean no offense, but you are already in your forties. So I was just curious."

"Eh?" Wendy awkwardly looked at Jackson who is still eating. Acting as if he never heard Chaeyoung asked such a question.

Why is Chaeyoung asking about this matter in front of Jackson? Is she not aware of the fact that Wendy's father asked Wang Guiren for marriage for a lot of times already?

And why does this woman have to emphasize her age?

Of all the things that she can say, Chaeyoung really chose to emphasize her age!

However, she will not let this affect her at all. Wendy can feel the enmity coming from Chaeyoung. And she will not let this woman win.

"I guess... I guess I am still waiting for the right person." She answered demurely. Hoping that Jackson's father would agree to this marriage the next time Wendy's father ask for one.

"Really?" Chaeyoung's face beamed. "So, what are you looking for in a man?"

"I.. I am looking for someone who would love me for who I am. I don't really mind if they were divorced or single. I just want someone that will understand me" Wendy answered honestly. While trying to highlight the fact that she wouldn't care even if the person is already married once.

"So, do you know someone like this?" Chaeyoung continued to ask.

"I... no..." Wendy's face immediately reddened.

'What's with this strange questions? Is Chaeyoung trying to embarrass her?'

"Why not? You are beautiful and accomplished, and you came from a very good household?"

Miyeon can't help but frown while listening to Chaeyoung's questions. She wondered what was her intentions for doing this.

At this point, Miyeon already decided not to slight this Chaeyoung Park for now. After all, this is the Wang Estate. However, she will make sure to put this woman in her proper place soon.

Both Miyeon and Wendy felt Chaeyoung's hostility against them and they can't help but wonder if she is aware of the things that happened in the past.

Miyeon is aware of her Aunt's unusual affection towards Jackson. In fact, she can't help but pity her paternal aunt.

She likes Jackson so much to the point of changing her appearance to look like Jackson's dead wife.