Chapter 113

***

"Thud"

"Thud"

Gideon stared at Chaeyoung, his eyes full of disbelief before looking at the wound on his stomach. He then turned his eyes towards unconscious Henry who was also lying on the floor.

When Henry turned his back to Gideon, the latter took advantage of that and immediately fired the gun that he had got when he tumbled down the floor. Despite Claire's warning, Henry was not able to avoid the bullet and was shot directly on his lower back. He then lost consciousness even before his body hit the floor.

"You… shot me!" Gideon hissed amused while staring at Chaeyoung, with his eyes wide open. He expected Chaeyoung to surrender after getting beaten by Simon. He was also sure that even the combined strength of both Claire and Chaeyoung would still be no match for Simon.

Who would have thought that Chaeyoung would be able to get ahold of a gun and directly shoot him? Was that woman crazy? Couldn't she see that he and the Lee Family were the only people who were not lying to her?

The Lee Family wanted to use this incident to make Chaeyoung stronger, both emotionally and psychologically. How come she did not appreciate their good intentions? Gideon originally thought that Chaeyoung would be smart enough to realize that. So, why was she still taking the side of her criminal mother?

"Your Highness!" Simon was about to walk towards Gideon when the latter held up his hand, signaling him to not approach. Gideon then stared straight at Simon. "End this." He blurted out before falling onto the floor.

Simon did not even wait for another second before he dashed towards the teary Claire. The latter was originally distracted from seeing Henry bloody and unconscious, she was not able to counter Simon's move.

Simon dashed behind Claire and looped his hand around her neck. Afterward, he held his other hand, with the hunting knife that he was using just a while ago, next to her throat. "Drop your gun, or I promise, I will slit this woman's throat before your bullet can hit me," he commanded with a stern face before applying a little force to the knife.

A small wound was immediately seen on Claire's neck as small drops of blood instantly poured out from it.

"No!" Chaeyoung screamed as she raised her two hands, showing that she was willing to let go of the gun. "Let her go!"

"Throw the gun onto the floor and put your hands behind your head," Simon demanded. "I will let this woman go as long as you come with me," he said as he tightened his grip on Claire's neck.

Let her go? That was something that Simon couldn't do. No matter what.

Just like Gideon, Simon was instructed by the Elders of the Lee Family to kill Claire no matter what.

He squinted his eyes as he watched Chaeyoung slowly lower the gun to the floor. "Kick it away from you," he ordered.

Chaeyoung immediately kicked the gun towards Simon. Her expression was complicated as she eyed the unconscious Henry and her crying mother. For some reason, seeing Henry lay there motionless, was not making Chaeyoung happy at all.

Chaeyoung had dreamt of that moment lots of time. She dreamt of shooting that man herself. However, she never expected to feel this way towards him once she witnessed that moment in real life. 'It must be because we are blood-related,' she thought before turning her attention towards Simon.