Chapter 83

***

"That bitch!" Jennie Kim fumed, watching Yuri's interview. She was calling some of the investors when Taehyung asked her to watch Yuri's interview.

"That woman knows that Chaeyoung is not her! She definitely knows that Chaeyoung cannot defend herself." Jennie said. "What are we going to do now?"

"I have already called Lisa, and she told me that she will take care of everything." Taehyung said calmly. For some reason, he felt with his guts that he should let Lisa deal with this.

"That woman is making me so mad!"

"Calm down. I think Lisa found something that could help us." Taehyung said. They were sure that Yuri was the one, responsible for this scandal. However, they wanted to know what had been her real reason for doing this.

....

At the same time, Chaeyoung was already waiting for her grandfather, who was coming with Jackson.

However, she did not expect to have a visitor.

Chaeyoung stared at the man in front of her. She tried to remember when was the last time that she saw him. Right, that was when she had threatened him to give the CEO position to Taehyung.

After almost two years of not seeing him, Daniel Choi's physical appearance somehow shocked Chaeyoung. She remembered Daniel Choi looking handsome and elegant, now, she could clearly see wrinkles on his face. She tried to recall what had happened to the Choi Family after Taehyung took over. Right, Old Man Choi died months after the poison and Daniel resigned from the company.

Of course, it did not mean that the Choi Family went bankrupt. No, the Choi Family had been around for decades, what had happened to Choi Conglomerate was not enough to deplete all the money that they had saved over the years.

After Old Man Choi's death, Daniel chose to go abroad to settle with Miyeon. At this point, Miyeon had already spent months in the mental facility and was deemed mentally stable by her psychiatrists.

"How can I help you?" Chaeyoung asked directly.

At first, Daniel was taken aback at Chaeyoung's bluntness, but then he recalled how this woman was able to change the ownership of Choi Conglomerate with her own hands. "My... My daughter is missing," he answered.

"What do you mean missing?" she asked. "I mean, what does it have to do with me if she went missing? You should know that I don't touch someone, who has not caused me any harm."

"No... No... Please don't misunderstand me. I am not here to accuse you... I am just informing you that she went missing and... and there is a possibility that she will... will go after you and your family." he answered.

Chaeyoung burst narrowed her eyes at Daniel, trying to analyze his words. Miyeon has never been a threat to Chaeyoung, so she never even thought of hurting her before. Chaeyoung left the Choi Family alone after making sure that they couldn't do anything to the Wang Family. Did Miyeon harbor so much hatred to Chaeyoung? Yes, maybe... after all, Chaeyoung had almost brought the Choi Family to the verge of their destruction.

However, what did Daniel mean, saying that Choi could possibly target her and her family? "Tell me more." she said.

"Well... Miyeon.... she has disappeared maybe two or three months ago. But... I just noticed this lately. She was in a boarding school, and I am allowed to visit the school only three times a year." He said, a little hesitant at first. Daniel knew how capable Chaeyoung was, and he was afraid that she would do something to Miyeon.

"I thought she just went away... until a teacher informed me that they have already not seen her for months, as she told them that she was going to take a break to spend some time with me... so they did not make any efforts to look for her."