Chapter 59

***

After the couple's conversation was interrupted, Chaeyoung decided to take a bath while Lisa and her parents went to meet with Old Man Wang.

Laura was still laughing at her daughter, while her husband was sending funny glares at her.

Who told her to be so nosy and actually walk inside Chaeyoung's room?

Lisa just let out a sigh at her mother's antics. Her mother had been continuously asking her if something had happened last night.

She already told her many times that nothing had happened, but this only seemed to spark her mother curiosity even more. She had even said that she would ask Chaeyoung instead.

When the Manoban Family arrived at Old Man Wang's study, her parents and Old Man Wang told her about what her mother and father had found out.

"You mean by birthright, she should be the next leader of this organization?" Lisa asked while looking at some of the photographs and documents that her mother had given her.

"Yes." Old Man Wang nodded.

"Tell me, how come they have not approached her yet?" Lisa asked.

"That is because we are doing our best to watch over her." Jackson answered. Everyone in the Wang Family knew this secret except for Chaeyoung. "But I believe, that they are already planning to approach her. Or maybe they have already sent someone to do that."

Lisa fell silent. She was unable to utter a single word as her thought were jumbled. This was a shock even for her.

"Now, that you know about this. I want to ask you something." Old Man Wang said, his expression serene and calm. "Are you still going to marry her? Despite knowing that this organization might do something to you?"

"Of course I am. What kind of question is that?" Lisa answered. "A little danger won't stop me." Lisa answered.

Lisa wanted to tell them how not even death could stop her but she decided to keep it to herself.

"Hahaha..." Old Man Wang laughed before walking towards Lisa and giving her a hug. "Then you should start calling me grandfather, young woman. Welcome to the family!."

"Now, I want you to know another thing, a very important thing about Chaeyoung's mother." Old Man Wang said, before he signaled his son to get something from his table.

"Claire is a very sweet woman. She is kind and innocent. She grew up without any martial arts background. I doubt that she even knew how to hold a gun." Old Man Wang started. "When she turned eighteen, I sent her to work for the military."

Lisa and even Laura with her husband froze when they heard Old Man Wang's words.

"I sent her away because I was afraid that someone from her mother's organization would approach her. I always thought that the military could protect her... I made a new identity for her. I told everyone that she went to study abroad... I prepared everything for her. I... I always thought that she could live a life away from this." Old Man Wang sighed before giving them another folder.

When Lisa and her parents saw the images, they were dumbstruck. Surprise was written all over their faces.

"That's right. Her mother was a genius. She worked with codes and encryption. Chaeyoung... she got her talents from her mother." The Old Man said proudly. His gaze was distant, as if he was reminiscing about something or someone very important.