Chapter 80

***

"This project is a big deal. It could make us or break us," Chaeyoung said as she wiped the corner of her mouth with a linen napkin. "It involves billions so I will personally take charge of everything."

"That's good," Lisa replied. "What about Taehyung?"

"He will take on most of my jobs for the meantime. He has been trained for this, so I am not worried at all," Chaeyoung said before deciding to change the topic. "How's Father?"

"Fine. There was some damage to his spine when the debris hit him, but he is doing better now. They are going to go back to Daejeon with Grandfather."

"Good to know..." Chaeyoung's words were interrupted by Lisa's ringtone. The latter immediately picked up her phone before frowning.

"Damages?" Lisa asked, her tone cold and freezing. "Got it. I will arrive in three hours."

"What's wrong?" Chaeyoung asked after Lisa ended the call.

"Another explosion in one of our mines. I believe this one is an inside job."

"Are you going?" she asked.

"Yes. I need to," Lisa sighed. "This is the twelfth explosion that we've had this year. I need to find out who is responsible for all of this."

"Don't worry. I will help you once I finish something up in my office tonight."

"I might spend the night over there," Lisa said.

"No problem... You can send me all the security tapes, as well as give me access to the private networks that you guys are using."

Lisa nodded before giving her a kiss. "I'll see you tomorrow," Lisa said before walking herself out of Chaeyoung's office.

Chaeyoung just stared at Lisa's back, her gaze full of meanings, before asking someone to clean up the dishes from her office.

Then she spent the rest of the day attending meetings and hosting interviews.

At six in the evening, Lisa called her to let her know that she had already arrived at the offshore mining site. The weather was not that good, so it had taken them some time to actually reach the place.

Then Lisa gave her an access control to the system that runs all Video Surveillance on the area..

After the call, Chaeyoung asked Jennie to bring her some takeout so she could eat in her office. She still needed to finish some paperwork, so she had decided to stay late. Furthermore, Lisa was away and she didn't like staying in the villa all by herself.

At around eight in the evening, Chaeyoung had Jennie leave before her. Since she was far from home, Chaeyoung wanted to just stay in her office for the night.

However, ten minutes after midnight, Chaeyoung received a call from Lisa. She wanted her to go to Lisa's office and secure a USB from her vault. Lisa even gave her the password, which was, surprisingly, the date that they had first met each other at the museum.

Chaeyoung ended the call with a smile as she thought about their first encounter: the time when she had threatened to have Lisa killed.

With these thoughts in mind, Chaeyoung headed to the Manoban Conglomerate's building with Jin.

Chaeyoung tightened her jacket as they walked towards the building. It was almost one in the evening so the streets were already empty.

Seeing the empty guardhouse, Chaeyoung instantly frowned. She mentally noted to tell Lisa about the lack of security in her building when she got back.