Chapter 20

***

Chaeyoung haven't even arrived at her seat yet when she heard another gasp from the crowd. But this time, she already guessed the reason for such reactions.

It must be the name of the top student. Chaeyoung did not turn around to see the screen. She can feel the soft panic growing slowly in her heart.

What if it was Lisa? What if it's not?

Chaeyoung chose to close her eyes then she suddenly turns to face the screen.

Is she anticipating something?

Of course, she is!

Does she want it to be Lisa's name?

She would be lying if she will say no.

To be honest, her feelings are still a little complicated. But having Lisa is making her happy. Lisa's presence is giving her comfort.

Chaeyoung let out a huge exhalation of her pent-up breath.

This is it. The moment of truth.

She slowly opened her eyes and stood there stupefied while staring at the name flashing on the LED screen.

" LALISA MANOBAN "

"It's her." She thought out loud.

"It's me." Chaeyoung flinched when she heard a soft gentle voice next to her.

It's Lisa. She knows her voice. Her gentle and comforting voice.

Realizing their close distance, Chaeyoung's ears reddened as her breath was taken away from her. It was as if her world stopped, leaving just the two of them together. Standing next to each other.

She can feel her heart beating so fast against her chest.

Then she felt Lisa's hand reach hers. Their hands interlocked perfectly like they are already made for each other.

Chaeyoung slowly turned her head to look at Lisa. Their faces are so close she can easily see her thick eyelashes and her soft plump lips.

She breathes in her scent. Her scent is so exotic, enticing and warm. A hint of cinnamon and woods. To be exact, she found Lisa's scent enticing.

Then Chaeyoung hesitantly look up, her silver-gray eyes meet her black orbs. The swirls of emotion she saw made her hold her breath. Desire, affection, lust.

She suddenly felt her body went rigid as her eyes slowly drifted down to Lisa's lips. Her heart was beating so loudly making her unable to concentrate on their surroundings.

Suddenly Lisa's hands touch her hips then slowly ran up to her spine pulling her closer. Chaeyoung shivered from the sudden sensation.

She is a stranger to this feeling. Chaeyoung never experienced this type of attraction before.

This is the first time that Chaeyoung appreciated the fact that Lisa is taller, she made up her mind and reached out to let her arms hang softly into Lisa's neck.

Both Lisa and Chaeyoung continue to look at each other. They both know what is coming. Anticipation can be seen in both of their eyes as Lisa lowered her face towards hers.