Chapter 89

****

Claire saw Henry's name, flashing on the phone of the man that she had just killed.

So, this was all arranged by him. She should have known it, she thought for a while, before choosing not to answer the call.

However, the phone vibrated once again in her hands.

"Speak," she said, the moment she answered the phone.

"Come back to me." His words instantly made Claire speechless.

What was this man saying?

"You know I can't," she answered, trying to stop herself from laughing. For some reason, the way Henry said it, sounded so funny to Claire.

"They will find you. Only I can protect you."

"You know that's not true, right?" she snapped. What bullshit was this man talking?

"I know, disguise is your expertise, but they can use your daughter against you. Chaeyoung is attracting too much attention. Her silver-gray eyes and features, resembling my own face, are a deadly expose that she is your daughter."

"That is none of your business. You were also after her life, you idiot! How dare you say these things? You have even attempted to kill her a few days ago!"

On the other end of the line Henry went silent. Surely, he did not expect Claire to know these things. "So, you were just pretending."

"Just like you were."

"My feelings are true... and you know that," he sighed. "You know I will protect you with my life... Claire, I will obtain Manoban Conglomerate for you. We will be able to fight them together. I am doing all of this for you." Henry's voice turned more gentle, almost as if he was not the same cruel man that everyone in the country feared to the bone.

"You really have the courage to tell me all of this after continuously trying to kill my daughter! What? Do you think I will just run to you and give you a kiss for doing that? What do you take me for?"

"Claire listen to me... let me explain... please, Chaeyoung is..."

"I don't care about any of your explanations. You have tried to kill my daughter, and the only reason why I did not kill you, was that you have saved me before. From this moment onwards, we are enemies! I will kill you the next time I see you," she declared.

"Claire, listen to me, what do you think would happen to Chaeyoung if one of them saw her face all over the TV news?"

Claire instantly turned silent when she heard Henry's words.

"They will kidnap her and torture her, to get your location." Henry added. "You know what they are capable of."

"I will protect her."

"No one can protect her. Not even her father can protect her."

"Shut up!" she said softly. "Chaeyoung is MY daughter, and I will die, protecting her! I will neither run away nor hide in your mansion!"

"If that person gets to know about Chaeyoung's existence, many people will eventually conclude who her parents are. It will not just affect her, but also everyone around her, your father, brother and his son. Even Lisa Manoban will be affected."