Chapter 10

***

On that same day, Sunmi called Yuri to inform her about what happened. Her mother told her to do well in the National Exams to attract Lalisa's attention. Then they can invite Lalisa to Yuri's 18th birthday that will be held 2 months after the exams.

At first, Yuri is conflicted about her mother's plan. After all, she already had Eunwoo. She already accepted his love confession. However, she was easily swayed by her mother's words.

Sunmi was right. No one can compare to the Manoban Family. If they could get into the Manoban Family, then they can spend the rest their lives with no worries.

After making up her mind, Yuri willingly agreed to her mom's plans. She thought she could also convince Eunwoo to agree with her plans as well. They could still cooperate and will work together for their future.

Eunwoo will get Chaeyoung's inheritance, and she could get into the Manoban Family. Although they will be married to other people, they could still see each other and maybe plan something to get away from the marriage. Of course, that will only happen after getting what they want.

Yuri committed herself into her plan. Then decided to call Eunwoo so they can talk about it. She knows that Eunwoo will have dinner with Chaeyoung today, but this is too important. She simply couldn't wait for another day.

Yuri and Eunwoo decided to meet at the back of an old building just inside the school. Not many students have the courage to visit this place because of the rumored ghosts and other supernatural existence. This made the area very popular for lovers and secret meetings.

When Yuri arrived, Eunwoo was already there. Yuri stood just a couple of feet away from her lover. Sensing her presence, Eunwoo turned his eyes into her.

Yuri and Eunwoo seemed to have a silent conversation as they stared into each other's eyes. Then Yuri's tears started pouring down her cheeks as Eunwoo wrapped his arms around her.

"Shhh….sorry, Yuri. I've wronged you." Eunwoo thought that Yuri is crying because she is jealous. That- and they have been avoiding each other for almost a week now. That must have affected her.

Eunwoo didn't think that his actions will affect the woman that he likes this much. He continued to pat Yuri's back. Trying to comfort her.

Then Yuri suddenly broke off the hug. Her ears reddened from embarrassment. This is not the first time that she and Eunwoo hugged each other, but she never failed to act a little embarrassed. After all, men like this type of behavior.

"Eunwoo, you misunderstood me. I am crying because my mother called me today. She said something that might affect our future. And I... I am afraid that you will not agree and leave me..." Then Yuri started explaining everything about Sunmi and her plans. She is confident that her boyfriend will understand her.

After hearing everything. Eunwoo stayed silent for a while. This is not just any other plan. This plan involves their future. He could either support her or leave her. He looked at his lover and examined her.

Yuri is a delicate beauty. The kind of beauty that will make any man want to protect her. Although she is not as beautiful as her sister, Eunwoo still found Yuri more attractive.

Chaeyoung's beauty screams arrogance and confidence. She had a special kind of aura. The kind of aura that will make any man submit to her. It's the kind of aura he hated. Who would want a girl who seems to overpower his own arrogance? For a man, isn't that... embarrassing?