you are the best thing that's ever been mine (requested)

"This can't be happening." You mumbled as you stared down at your phone with Yeji by your side, her hand on your thigh for comfort.

It's early in the morning and it could possibly be the worst one you've ever had.

The company called Yeji a little while ago, informing both of you that your relationships and been exposed by dispatch.

It was terrible.

Not because you're ashamed to be with Yeji. But because no one in your life knows and now, the entire world does.

The whole world knows you now. Your privacy has been invaded and that's something you and Yeji cherished.

"People are already saying things about me." You sighed as you opened social media, seeing all the mentions from people talking about you and Yeji.

Some seemed supportive. Some were telling you how sorry they were that this happened and they fully support your relationship with Yeji.

Others... not so much.

Those tweets were anything but kind. Jealous people saying the cruelest of things to you, mocking you for things like your appearance and how you're not an idol, saying you were nothing compared to Yeji.

That your relationship was bound to fail. That one day, she'd fall out of love with you as she finds someone better.

Yeji took your phone away. She was angry. Angry at dispatch and the so-called fans that were saying such terrible things about you.

They were supposed to support and love the girls, the same way the girls love them.

But Yeji realized that it's not true. That some "fans" aren't actually fans. Their jealousy and bitterness towards you proved that to her.

"Forget them." She said as she pulled you into her arms. "I'm sorry, baby. I knew this would happen at some point. I thought the fans would be supportive if or when it did. It breaks my heart."

You sniffled and trembled slightly, feeling anxious over everything.

"You don't deserve that. You're the most beautiful, amazing girl I've ever known. If people refuse to support me when I'm happier than ever because of you, I don't want them to support the group. You know the girls agree with me on that."

You know that's true.

They called a little while ago, all of them telling you how much they adore you and making it clear how, no matter what people say, they support you and Yeji endlessly, and if people don't like that or you, they couldn't care less.

"I'm sorry."

"What? Why are you sorry, baby?" She asked as she rubbed your back.

"I don't want you to lose fans or ruin things because of me."

"I don't care about that. All I care about is you." She assured as she cupped your cheeks, her eyes locking intensely with your teary ones.

"Y/N, all idols are people. We want to be happy and fall in love like everyone else gets to. You're not ruining anything. People are going to say things because it's part of my life. But you make me happy and you've made me a better person and I love you. Only you."

You smiled through your tears as you put your forehead on hers.

"I'm a little scared."

"That's okay, it's understandable. We've always been so private and now that's been invaded and it's scary. It's a lot to adjust to. I get that."

You nodded, sniffling as she dried your cheeks.

"But it's you and me. Don't be afraid. I've got you. Through the good and the bad, we've got each other to lean on. The fans will get used to it and if they don't, then they can find a new group to support. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, that's ever been mine. I'm not leaving you to please them. I want you and only you, forever and always."

You smiled and kissed her lips lovingly.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too." You said.

"No more social media or news articles or phones in general for the day. Let's just be with each other. I love you. I've got you."

You put your head on her shoulder and closed your eyes as you let go of all your worries.

You've got Yeji. You've got the girls. You've got people to support you as you navigate through this hard time.

With a little time, you'll be just fine.