you're sad and start speaking in your native language (requested)

"Hey, darling? You doing okay?" Yeji asked as she sat down beside you on the edge of the bed.

You got home from work only a few minutes ago and Yeji can see that something just isn't right.

You look so down, so sad, and she wishes that you'd tell her why so she can try and make it better.

"Nothing."

"No, don't do that. It's not nothing. Something is bothering you. Talk to me about it." She said before she pulled you into her arms.

"I just had a bad day." You said with a heavy sigh. "It seems like every single thing went wrong. It was one of the worst days of my life."

Yeji sent you a sad look as she brushed her hand across your shoulder in comfort.

You continued to rant to her about your horrible day, going on about every event that took place and everything that went wrong.

Yeji listened to every word that left your lips as she held onto you but as you spoke, she was trying to think of different things that she could do to make you feel better.

She became caught up in her thoughts, though she tried to listen to you the best that she could.

However, you did something that took her by surprise.

You eventually trailed off and suddenly started speaking in your native language.

You began to rant to her in Turkish and you didn't even notice it.

Yeji was trying to understand what you were saying but she hasn't completely learned the language yet, so it was a little challenging.

But she didn't complain.

Instead, she just smiled at you as she brushed her fingers through your hair.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just know you must be sad and upset because you just changed languages."

"I did?" You asked.

"Yeah, you were speaking Turkish, baby."

"I'm sorry." You sighed. "You know I tend to do that when I get upset."

"I know." She chuckled. "Don't worry about it, it's really cute."

She kissed the corners of your lips softly, making a smile pull at them.

"Now, forgive me, baby, because I'm not quite fluent in your native language just yet. So can you repeat that to me?"

She was trying so hard to learn Turkish for you but it's not exactly easy to learn a new language and you completely understand that.

You repeated what you had spoken in Turkish, explaining your sadness and frustration to her, and she listened to everything.

"My sweet girl." She sighed as she squeezed you tight. "Tomorrow will be a better day. I just know it."

"Thank you." You said before kissing her cheek. "And thank you for not getting upset with me for switching to Turkish on you. I can't control it sometimes."

"No, baby. It happens. That's your native language, it's always going to be the one you're most comfortable speaking, and I'm more than okay with that. As long as you help me a little with it."

You smiled at her words as you brushed your fingers across hers.

"But I do have one question."

"Sure. What is it?"

"Can you teach me some more Turkish?" She asked curiously. "I want to learn more. For you."

"Happily." You grinned and began to teach her some more Turkish and she enjoyed every second of learning it.