I'll be there (requested)

Yeji hummed to herself as she made her way back to bed.

Taking a sip of the glass of water in her hands, she set it down on the nightstand and reached for the remote with one hand, and brushed her hand over her bump with the other.

She's in awe every time she remembers that your little one is due to enter the world any day now.

She's in no hurry, though she feels very excited thinking about how your lives are going to change whenever that moment comes.

"Should we watch a movie?" Yeji asked her bump as she continued to brush her hand across it. "Do you miss your mom as much as I do?"

That's another reason she's not in any hurry - you're out of town at the moment.

You had to travel for work and you're due to come home in just two days, though for Yeji that feels like a lifetime.

She smiled to herself as she felt the baby move around and as she flipped through the tv channels, she let out a gasp.

A pain had hit her hard.

"No, no. You can't come right now." She said as she tried to convince herself that it was nothing.

She took a few deep breaths and relaxed a little, only for the pain to return and be even stronger this time around.

"You're coming now, aren't you?" She groaned. "Oh, god."

She reached for her phone in a panic and tapped on your contact.

And as soon as you answered, you were met with a very stressed-out Yeji.

"Y/N, something's happening. I think it's time. What do I do? You're not home!"

"Okay, baby, calm down." You said as you attempted to get her to relax a little. "Are you sure it's time?"

"Yes." She groaned in pain as it hit her again.

"Okay. Take a deep breath. I'm booking a flight back right now, okay? Just breathe. Everything's going to be alright."

"It doesn't feel like it. I need you and you're not here!"

You felt the guilt hit you hard.

You knew there was always a risk of this happening but you'd hoped that your baby would hang in there until you returned.

But they had a mind of their own.

"Yeji, I'm going to call your mom real quick, okay? Just hang in there. I'll call you right back, I promise."

You ended the call just to call her mom in a panic.

Her mom wasn't far away so she could be there much faster than you, which meant that Yeji wouldn't be alone.

And that was your greatest fear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me. The baby is coming and I'm still out of town. Can you please take Yeji to the hospital?"

Her mom immediately jumped into action and hurried off to Yeji, who was extremely relieved to hear your voice when you called her back.

"Your mom is on the way. Just hang in there, baby."

She groaned in pain.

"Breathe, baby. It's alright. You're doing amazing."

"I'm so stressed, Y/N. I need you so badly." She said with a little cry.

She needed you more than ever before and it broke your heart that you couldn't be there with her right in this moment.

"I'm going to be there before you know it. I just need you to breathe for me, darling."

She took in a couple of deep breaths until the pain faded away.

And as it did, her mom arrived and hurried up to the bedroom.

"Come on, honey. Let's get you to the hospital."

"I'm going to be there soon, baby. I'm leaving for the airport now. I love you and I'll be there before you know it." You promised before ending the call.

You packed your bags up and got into a taxi before hurrying to the airport, hoping with everything in you that you'd make it there in time.