girlfriend? (requested)

The loud knock on the door of your apartment made you groan.

You opened your eyes and noticed that you had fallen asleep on the sofa a couple of hours ago when you arrived home after a long day spent in training at JYP.

You weren't sure who could be knocking on your front door right now.

You saw the time on the clock and saw that it was almost four am. The sun wasn't even close to coming up. You didn't want to do anything but go back to sleep.

But you couldn't, because whoever was at your door was tired of knocking and decided to use their key to your place to let themselves in.

The room was already bright due to you forgetting to turn off the lights, as you fell asleep before you could make it up to bed.

So it brought you relief to see that it was Yeji who was walking into your apartment right away.

"Yeji? What are you doing here? Do you know what time it is?" You asked as she closed the front door behind her.

You rubbed your tired eyes and then looked at her as she stood in silence, gazing at you through her tears.

"Yeji? Are you crying?"

"Yeah." She said and sat down beside you on the sofa. "But they're happy tears... mostly."

"What? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just got the news from JYP that I'm debuting."

Your eyes went wide and you gasped in excitement for your best friend.

"Yeji! That's incredible!" You grinned and threw your arms around her. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks." She sniffled.

"Wait, so why are your tears mostly happy tears? You should be excited! This is what you've been training for. That's why we all train so hard. So we can all get our chance to debut. You should be so happy!"

"I am..." She said before biting her lip. "It's just bittersweet. Because I won't see you every day. I'm used to that."

You felt her fingers brush against yours as she held your hand, making your heart skip a beat.

"Yeah. That's my favorite part of training." You chuckled. "Look, in all honesty, I'm happy for you for more reasons than one. Not just because I love you but also because I've made a choice of my own."

She furrowed her eyebrows, waiting for you to finish.

"I'm leaving JYP. I was accepted by YG to be a trainee there and they say I'll most likely be able to debut soon. Who knows when that'll happen with JYP. So, I'm going to start training there, and hopefully soon, I'll get my big break."

"You will. Y/N, I'm happy for you and I know you'll debut soon too!" She grinned and embraced you in another hug, only to slowly pull away as your words sank in. "Wait..."

"What?"

"Did you say that you love me?"

You went wide-eyed as you remembered that you had, indeed, said that.

"Y/N, do you have feelings for me?"

"What?" You scoffed and tried to lie your way out of this.

Because, yes, you do. You have very strong feelings for Yeji. You haven't thought of her as a friend in so long, because you're too in love with her to do so.

But you didn't know if the feeling was mutual.

"No, of course, I don't." You said and she shook her head with a chuckle.

"You're lying. I can tell."

"Okay. Fine. You're right. I do. I love you."

"Well, what took you so long to say that?" She asked with an amused grin on her face.

"I didn't know if you felt the same. I got scared. I worried it would make things awkward and we wouldn't be friends any longer."

"That could never happen, y/n. Not ever." She assured as she cupped your cheeks in her hands. "Especially considering the fact that I feel the same about you."

"You do?" You asked with a hopeful sparkle in your eyes.

She just rolled her eyes playfully and then put her lips on yours, finally sharing that sweet kiss that you've both dreamt of sharing together for so long.

When she pulled away to catch her breath, her hands stayed on your cheeks and she frowned upon seeing that sad look in her eyes.

"You should kiss me again. Who knows when we'll be able to share another."

"Oh, but baby, we will. Because I'll always make time for my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" You asked as a smile tugged at your lips.

"Yeah. Girlfriend." She confirmed with a smile that was just as big and bright as yours before kissing you again. "I know I don't have to make sure that's okay with you since, you know, you love me. Just as I love you."

"Damn right." You smirked and kissed her again.

This was the beginning of a new journey for both of you - as individuals and as a couple.