never forget that I love you - part two - alternate ending (requested)

Stepping out of the studio, you continued to run through Yeji's mind as she attempted to get a little fresh air.

The hardest part for her about trying to move on after she watched you walk away that day is that every single thing still reminds her of you.

Every love song she listens to, every love song the girls create, every time she hears someone giggle or watches a couple hold onto each other with happy smiles - all she can think about is you.

It's been years since that day took place but she still lives in regret that she didn't chase after you or try to talk you out of breaking up with her before you walked away.

Because you walking away wasn't for the best, it ruined her and she misses you so much.

But she has work to do.

She has an album to finish with the girls and she knows if she keeps acting like this, JYP will start to question her for being so down and so lost in her thoughts.

So she decided to go grab a coffee from a nearby cafe and then go back to work, knowing she had to put her best foot forward, whether she liked it or not.

She made her way down the streets to the cafe and when she opened the door, the chimes on it began to jingle.

She got in line and took a look around the cafe, wondering if anyone would recognize her.

But rather than being recognized herself, she recognized someone...

You.

You were sitting at a table across the room with a drink and a book and she couldn't help but smile to herself.

For a second, she wondered if her mind was playing tricks on her so she pinched her arm, wondering if she'd wake up from a daydream she thought she might be having.

But you were still there and despite the time that's passed since she last saw you, you looked just as gorgeous.

Yeji walked over to you and softly spoke your name.

"Y/N?"

You lifted your head and your eyes lit up when you saw Yeji standing there.

"Yeji? Oh, my god! It's been so long!" You smiled and got up to give her a big hug.

And Yeji just wanted to wrap her arms around you and keep you in them forever.

"How have you been?" You asked as you pulled away.

Much too soon for her liking.

"Good." She replied.

"That's good! I see you everywhere these days. Congratulations on all of your success, Yeji. You deserve it all."

Her heart melted at that.

"Can I sit?"

"Of course!" You said before you both sat down.

"To tell you the truth... I haven't been good. I've actually been pretty messed up lately. Because, even though so much time has gone by, I still think about you all the time."

Your smile dropped upon hearing her say that.

"You said that day that you were walking away so I could live my dreams but... I've realized that you're my biggest dream. I miss you a lot and I don't know how I've gone this long without you."

"Yeji, I-" You started to say, only to be interrupted.

"You feel the same... right? I mean, I know this is sudden but I feel like it's fate because I've never stopped thinking about you. We should try again."

Before you could reply, a familiar voice was heard.

"Yeji? Oh, my gosh! What are you doing here?"

Yeji turned her head to see Karina from aespa standing there.

Karina, her friend.

"Oh, uh,"

"It's good to see you! I see you've met my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" Yeji asked as her heart dropped.

"Yeah! Y/N's my girlfriend. We've been together for over a year now. Isn't that amazing?"

Yeji looked at you and watched as you lowered your head.

"Yeah..." Yeji quietly spoke.

"Is everything okay?" Karina asked before furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, fine," Yeji answered before blinking away the tears that stung her eyes. "You know what? I've got to get back to the studio. It's good to see you, Karina."

She faked a smile before getting up and making her way to the door.

But before she walked out, she looked back to see you and Karina sharing a loving kiss before you pulled away and laid your head on her shoulder.

You were smiling.

You looked... happy.

And even though it hurt that you were happy with someone who wasn't her, she did understand you moving on.

It's been five years.

You couldn't wait forever.

And she knew that she had to move on too, as hard as it would be.

Because you deserve to be happy, even if it isn't with her.